Chapter 62- Blind Date

July 26th, 2017:

I was getting myself dolled up for this blind date Jennie had set up. I was very, very skeptical but also trusted she wouldn't put on a blind with a total loser either. I had tried to get her to give me more clues, or just flat out tell me, but she seemed to really like the secrecy of it and kept telling me to just wait and see. All she told me was he also took a bit of convincing to go on this date. I don't know if this gave me more or less confidence going in. When I told the boys, they were all for it, probably thinking it'd take my mind off of things. They also trusted Jennie to put me with a reliable guy who wouldn't try anything, as did I.

Jennie had sent me the address to a rather classy-looking Italian place so I was dressing up accordingly. I was wearing wide, high-rise lilac pants with a matching blazer. I had a white cami underneath with nude heels. I had curled my hair and added silver accessories. Overall, I thought I looked very hot. It was a very boss @ss lady look that I loved.

Jiwoo, Hoseok's sister, had somehow heard about this (probably Hoseok asking her how to handle all my mood swings lately) and had let me borrow her car for the evening. I was grateful not only because it meant I could travel in private without ogling eyes, but because I could work on my driving. It had been a while since I'd done it and I was happy to get to do it again.

I showed up at the restaurant right on time. Given it was Wednesday, it wasn't packed and I was guided to a private room in the back as I was getting accustomed to.

"The other party is already here," the host says smiling.

"Great, thanks," I smile back, "have they been here long?"

"Five, ten minutes? They arrived early," they reply, opening the door and bowing.

This wasn't the first impression I had wanted, but then again, I was right on time, they had been early, so I couldn't feel too bad about making them wait.

I walked in and saw a familiar face, but I couldn't quite put a name to it. He looked up quickly, hearing the door open.

"Y/N..." he mutters, standing up a bit surprised and bowing.

Well, this was embarrassing. He knew who I was, but I wasn't sure who he was. I couldn't bow back saying his name as would have probably been the cute, polite thing to do.

"Hi, I'm Lee Y/N," I bow instead and put out my hand politely, knowing he would have to tell me his name.

"I'm Kim Hanbin," he bows again shaking my hand.

That wasn't helpful. I couldn't think of any Hanbin's in the K-pop industry, but I had to act like I knew who he was. He pulls out my chair and I sit thanking him.

"I didn't think Jennie would set me up on a date with the Y/N of BTS," he chuckles, "I would've thought you were too busy for this".

I couldn't even make a joke about him and whatever group he was in because I was still clueless. His face was so familiar, but I seriously couldn't put my finger on it and his name had done nothing to help. I could only guess he was probably in YG if Jennie knew him, so that narrowed it down to Big Bang (which I knew he wasn't a part of), Winner, Ikon, or he was some solo artist I didn't know about.