Chapter 28- Better of Two Evils

Underlined = English

Underlined + Italicised = French

April 7th, 2017:

I was packing for Bon Voyage Season 2 while filming with the camera they had given me for the show.

"So, since it's Hawaii, I'm packing mostly shorts and skirts," I say, throwing them in my suitcase, "but then that also means I'd have to put on a whole lot of sunscreen..." I pause thinking this through once again.

I go back to my closet to look at the pant options I had that breathed more than skinny jeans.

"I think these pants might work," I say, showing the camera some navy blue wide flowy pants, "but then wh–"

I stop mid-sentence when I see my phone light up with Anne's caller ID. I decide to let it keep ringing because I was in the middle of filming, and it would be hard for editors to have good footage if I just stopped now. And if it was serious, she would have texted something in advance anyway.

"Yeah, I think I should bring more clothing that covers my leg cuz having to reapply sunscreen is going to be a pain," I nod, taking all but one pair of shorts out of my suitcase and going to take a few long dresses, long skirts, and wide pants.

As I'm putting a long chiffon pleated skirt into my suitcase, I see Anne call again. It rings and then I see a text from her basically demanding I pick up. I'm a little taken aback. I continue to ignore her because I wasn't going to respond to such a rude demand. I packed some tops, a couple of jackets, and a sweater. I go downstairs to pack my skincare and bathroom products. By the time I went back up to the loft, Anne had called once more.

"Well, that's pretty much the gist of it, I think," I smile to the camera, showing the inside of my neat suitcase, "just have to add my shoes there," I point to the spot I had left empty, "well, see you again in Hawaii!" I shout smiling before ending the recording.

I stop filming and go to my phone to answer Anne.

Y/N: I was working

Y/N: What's going on

Y/N: Don't need the sass...

Three minutes later, she calls once again. This time, I answer. I put her leaning against the counter wall in the kitchen as I watched my dishes.

"Can you talk to your dad?" she says upset, not saying hi or how are you.

"Oh, hi Anne. How are you? I'm good if you were wondering," I respond, a little miffed.

"Hi, so can you?" she repeats.

"What happened?" I ask, trying to get a better grasp of what she was upset about. Even though I had a pretty good guess.

"He and my mom talked to me after school," she says huffing, "and got mad at me about my Snapchat and like being an ARMY".