Chapter 2

- Next Day - 

Y/N's POV

It was now the next day. I was exhausted from how late I worked yesterday but it was 8 am and I was at work. I felt rather exhausted and that was just how life was. Late nights and early mornings do not mix for me but it works out. 

"How are you holding up?" Matthew asks but looking at me.

"Oh, I am doing fine. Nothing a bit of caffeine can't fix," I said.

I drank some of my coffee and continued to look over the schedules for the day. We had nobody assigned to come in but we did some inside work for a few hours before a knock was heard on the door.

"I wonder who could be here?" Matthew asked me.

"I don't know but I guess we will find out," I said but walking over to open the door.

I opened the door and it was Eric.

"Hello," Eric said as he stood right in front of me.

"Hi," I replied.

"I just was stopping in to drop off this bag of snacks for you guys," Eric said.

"You did not have to bring us anything," I replied.

"We thought since you guys were so good to us it would be the right thing to do," Eric said but handing over the bag.

I took the bag.

"Who is it?" Matthew asked from behind me.

"Eric," Eric said.

"Oh, the kid from yesterday," Matthew spoke.

"Yes," Eric commented.

"How sweet of you," Matthew said but taking the bag from me and heading back to where he was at.

"Would you like to come out with us for a bit of shopping?" Eric asked.

"Uh, well it kind of depends on when," I said.

"It would be around 4 today," Eric replied back.

"You should say yes!" Matthew shouted out.

"That sounds like it would be fun," I said.

I got mesmerized by his eyes.. They were so blue but what was I thinking? I could not, come on snap out of it. 

"Alright, will you be here or will you be some place else around that time?" Eric asked.

"Uh, I will be getting off shift so still here," I said.

"We will come by here then and pick you up, did Matthew want to come as well?" Eric asked.

"Sure," Matthew said appearing by the door again.

"Okay, we will see you two later then," Eric said.

"Thanks again," I said but with a smile.

He would vanish from the door and I would close it. I closed my eyes for a second and leaned against the door.

"Are you alright?" Matthew asked but looking at me.