Chapter 45

- The 18th of December 1975 - 

Y/N's POV

We were finally situated at home. It felt weird to be home and have nothing to do for a couple of weeks. Christmas was here and it was kind of mind-boggling I was getting ready to finish any last-minute things. We had to still put up the tree which is kind of weird one week before the holiday but it would be new and interesting.

"I think it is special that this is our first Christmas together and we have this beautiful tree we picked out," Eric said while pulling the tree box into the house.

"I am excited. This is going to be the best one yet," I said.

"A first kiss under the mistletoe?" Eric asked as he walked over grabbing the mistletoe. 

I kissed him and he returned the kiss.

"You get kisses anytime you want them," I said with a chuckle.

"Oh would you look at that?" he asked holding it over us again.

I kissed him again and giggled.

"Okay, okay I will cut it out," he said as he put the mistletoe behind his back.

"Gimmie," I said trying to get it from him.

"Come get it," Eric said as he ran across the house.

I chased after him and tackled him onto the bed in our bedroom.

"Ugh you got me oh no. What ever will I do?" he joked as he looked at me.

I giggled.

"You are so cute you know that?" I commented.

"I know but that is why you love me," Eric said as he smiled at me.

I got off of the bed and looked at him.

"I know," I said with a smile.

I took his hand and we went back into the living room.

"Okay, do we have an idea for a theme here or are we going at it with the most random idea?" he asked looking at me.

"I have no idea to be honest. We have red and silver ornaments in these containers," I said.

"And we have some green and gold over here," he said opening another container.

"I think we bought the most random colors for this tree," I said with a chuckle.

"I think so too but hey it is going to scream happy holidays," Eric commented.

"True," I said.

"Let's just go for it and see how it ends up looking," he said.

We got to decorating the tree adding the ornaments, lights, and garland.

A few minutes would pass on and we would finish the tree.

"I mean it could look a lot worse," he said with a chuckle.

"True, I like the way it looks though. And with the presents under it it's going to look so good," I said.

"I have to wrap a good amount of gifts still," Eric said.

"Don't worry me too. I think it is kind of interesting how everything is kind of last minute since the start to this month was so busy," I said.

Eric walked behind me and hugged me from behind resting his head on my shoulder.

"I know but it ended up being okay. We got all of our work done and now we get to enjoy the times together before we both return to our jobs," he said.

"I always wonder what other people's realities look like you know?" I commented.

"Oh, I know. I could only imagine what it is like working a job from 9-5 every single day. The job I have is kind of all over the place and you do not know what is going to be next," he said.

"And for me it is kind of we make our own schedule. I think it is cool but sometimes being your own boss you got to be your own pain in the butt," I said with a chuckle.

"Oh for sure. Making sure you get it all done is kind of interesting to me how you handle it," Eric said.

"I don't know I guess doing it for so many years it kind of became a normal for me," I said.

"You and Matthew do a lot for the music industry and more people should see it," Eric said.

"I know but it is okay. I do not know if they would even care about the people behind the screens and writes," I said.

"You have made some artists pretty big with the songs you guys have put together," Eric said.

Eric let go of me from behind and turned on the lights and sat down on the couch.

"I know," I said as I turned to look at him.

"Come here," he said opening his arms.

I walked over to him and laid in his arms on the couch.

"I can't believe how busy we were a week ago," he said.

"I know. The Aussie trip was for sure something else from busy to calm back to busy," I said.

"And that is how our life is going to be from now on. Busy one minute and relaxed the next minute," he said.

"I just wanna take the time for the rest of the month and relax," I said as I laid my head on his chest.

"And that is what we will do. I think Woody and Les are going to be hosting a little Christmas party," Eric said as he rested his head on mine.

"I think that is going to be a lot of fun," I said.

"For sure and some of our friends will be coming to join us," he replied.

"Sounds like a plan," I said.

"We should take a nap since it is only like 2," Eric said.

"Sounds good to me you know I am still tired since the flight," I said.

"Me too. I think it is going to take a few days to recover from the jet lag," he said as he closed his eyes.

"And when we awake I need to wrap some gifts," I said as I closed my eyes.

His arms wrapped around me and I wrapped my arms around him. We both eventually fell asleep. 

I always wonder if this is what a perfect life feels like? Could it be anymore perfect than being in the arms of Eric. I never could imagine something so flawless being mine. I look at him every day and I realize soul mates do exist.