Chapter 23

- Skips to October 19th 1975 - 

Y/N's POV

I woke up in the hotel room once again. Today it was Sunday which meant Eric's birthday was on Tuesday. This hotel was becoming less and less comfortable as time went on but it was fine. I will be here in this hotel through the end of the month. The goal is by the start of 1976 to be moved here.

I got out of bed, showered, and got ready for the day. I met up with Matthew in the lobby for some food.

"How is it going with your new girl? I know it has been a few weeks," I said.

"It has been going so good," he said.

"That is good. Do you think it could be a long term thing?" I asked.

"I could see it becoming a long term thing. We have been together officially a few days," he replied.

"Who made the first move?" I asked.

"Well if you are asking who asked to make it official it was me," he replied.

We enjoyed our coffee and some pancakes.

"That is good then. I am kind of glad we have made plans to move out here. I know we haven't told anyone yet but," I said.

"I know I think it is going to be a good surprise for officially announcing it," he said.

"I think we are going to have a lot of fun out here. It seems like there is so many things to see you know," I said.

"Well of course. We have lived in our hometown for so long you could only see so many things again and again," he replied.

We threw out our trash and went back to our rooms. We got our things to leave the hotel and headed out the door to the taxi.

"I think it is nice being able to have a group of friends like the Rollers," Matthew commented.

We were on our way to their house.

"I think so too and it is kind of cool how everyone is planning our where they might want to live," I said.

"Do you think Eric would want to live with you?" Matthew asked.

"Well he said he would like to when we had talked about it before," I said.

"I wonder which one of them two would keep the house," Matthew said.

"I don't know to be honest. I think it is going to be nice for us to look for a place though," I said.

"I think it is going to be interesting for me to find an apartment to live in," Matthew said.

"I know going from a house to an apartment could be weird," I said.

"Oh of course," Matthew said.

"I am hoping to find a cute little house out here," I said.

"I am sure you will be able to find the one you want to reside in," he said.

We got out of the taxi and went to knock on the door. Derek opened it and let us in.