Chapter 42

- Our Last Day in Aussie - 

Y/N's POV

It was now the 16th which meant it would be our last day here in Aussie. The tiredness caught up with me and I could tell it caught up with Eric as well. We had been running like crazy the past two weeks and tomorrow we would be heading home.

"I don't even want to get out of bed," Eric said as he laid his head on my chest.

"Me neither," I said kissing his forehead.

He smiled a little as he closed his eyes.

"I think we should kind of just take today to relax a bit before we have the long flight tomorrow," I said running my fingers in his hair.

"Sounds like a plan to me," he replied.

He sounded so cute when he was tired but I felt bad for him because you could tell he was that tired.

"You look so tired," I said.

"I am. I didn't think you could tell," he said.

"I can tell how tired you are," I said as I continued to play with his hair.

"I can only imagine the other guys and how tired they are," he said.

"I know I bet they are tired too," I said.

"I wonder how Matthew is doing," he said.

"Eh, he is probably doing fine. I mean he has his girl and we have not been too bad off so," I said.

"Mmm, true but you guys have been busy," he said.

"But not running as hard as you guys have been. It always worries me when you have the hard work weeks like these," I said.

"I know but it is okay. We always make it through them and sometimes I think about it," he said.

"Think about it?" I asked.

"Yes, I think about how it went when you were not here with me. I think it was so much harder and you have made all of this so easy for me," he said.

"Helping is part of who I am so I am glad there is something I can do for you," I said.

"You do so much for me and I never know how to thank you for all of it," he said.

"Same goes for you but I think with the things we do for one another it is pretty even," I said.

"I think so too," he said.

I stopped playing with his hair and rubbed his back.

"I feel like you baby me which is one of my favorite things," he said.

"Well you are my baby so I have to and plus it makes me feel good in doing so," I said.

"It makes me feel good too," he replied.

His smile was so cute and soft I never could get over it.

"I like being the reason for that," I said.

"I genuinely think my neck would be all kinds of messed up if you weren't here. I know that for sure," he said.

"Stress gets your neck huh?" I asked.

"Yeah, and you help me to get it out. Most of the time before one of the guys would give me neck massages," Eric said with a chuckle.

"It is nice to have them around who are always willing to help in one way or another," I said.

"Oh, of course. I do not know where I would be without them right now," he said.

"You guys have come a long ways together in such a short period of time at that," I said.

"I know. It is kind of crazy if you think too much about it you know," he said.

"And all of the success that has come with it in these years," I said.

"The success is nice but sometimes it gets to be a lot as a person," he said.

"Well of course. Being a very successful person can be hard and dangerous to the mind at times even," I said.

"If there is one thing I can promise you it is the fame is never going to be going to my head," he said.

"I am proud of you for that. So many people let it go straight to their head," I said.

"I know and it makes them weird people. I don't know why people are just like I have money and go out and buy all of these expensive things," he said.

"Yeah, true," I said.

"It is like you can get a nice shirt and jeans for a good price. You do not need to be out here spending reckless amounts of money," he said.

"But some people will continue to do so which is something we can't change," I said.

"I mean something expensive every now and then is not bad but like all of the time," he said.

He opened his eyes and turned his head to look at me. 

"You are so handsome," I said as I looked at him.

"How light do my eyes look right now?" he asked.

"Like a baby blue," I said.

"Is that one of your favorite things about me?" he asked.

"One of a million," I said as I kissed him softly.

He returned the kiss.

"Lemme guess that is another one of your favorite things," he said.

"Maybe but my favorite thing is your heart," I said.

"I always wonder what goes through your mind at times," he said.

"A lot of things are in this head of mine but it is kind of funny because I can never focus on just one thought," I said.

"Your brain is always rushing all of the time?" he asked.

"All of the time there is something different going on in there," I said.

"Same and it kind of gets me sometimes," he said.

"I get it," I said.

"What do you like to think about the most though?" he asked.

"I don't know anything," I said.

"You don't know anything?" he asked with a chuckle.

"No, but you know what I mean," I said.

"No?" he asked.

"C'monnn quit teasing me," I said with a chuckle.

"Ugh fine. I know what you are thinking about right now," he said.

"What am I thinking about right now?" I asked.

"Mmm, you are thinking about me right now," he said.

"Maybe I am but how did you know?" I asked.

"I can tell by the look in your eyes," he said as he put his hand on my face.

"Kind of weird how eyes can tell it all, huh?" I asked.

"Oh yes I have learned your eyes by now," he said as smiled at me.

I smiled back at him.