Chapter 60

- March 19th 1976 -

Y/N's POV

Today was Derek's birthday and we were planning a surprise party for him. He had absolutely no idea since this whole thing would be happening at mine and Eric's house. We thought this would be a good surprise for him.

"I think this is going to be such a fun party," Eric said.

"I think so too and I just hope it all goes according to plan," I said.

"I do not think anything could throw it off track but I will try to ensure everything stays in order," he replied.

"I am so glad we were able to get Alan and Woody to take Derek horseback riding," Les commented.

"Me too, I am kind of excited to hear how it went too," Ian said.

"The good thing is he did not suspect a thing since they always go horse back riding. And plus it is a fun thing to do for his birthday," I said.

"True, I want to learn how to do it one of these days," Ian said.

"I think it would be fun to learn," Matthew said.

"All you have done is fall off of horses so far," I said looking at Matthew.

"This is not call me out day," Matthew said with a chuckle.

We finished getting the decorations up since we had began the night before. Ian went into the kitchen to start prep on the food and soon enough Les followed behind.

"I think this is enough balloons," Eric said.

"I think so too," Matthew said as he put up the last streamer.

"I think it is cool how we are working together as a team to put this whole thing together," Eric commented.

"Me too. I like when we do things together," Matthew said getting off the chair he was standing on.

"I think the decorations look so good," I said as I looked around.

"How is the food coming in here?" Eric asked as he walked into the kitchen.

Ian and Les were making some sandwiches and we had bought some cookies they put on a couple of plates.

"Good, the sandwiches are coming out good and the cookies are plated," Les said.

"And the cake is still in the fridge which we can bring out later so it does not melt," Ian said.

"Sounds like a good plan. Did we want to get out some vegetables too?" Eric asked.

"Like which?" Ian asked.

"Like maybe some celery and some carrot sticks," Eric said.

"That could work," Les replied.

Eric pulled out some and washed them up and put them on a plate. He added a little bowl with some dip.

"Come bring some of these foods into the living room," Ian said.

We came and brought the food into the kitchen. Eventually everything was done and their was a knock on the door.

I opened the door.

"Hey guys," Derek said.

"Happy birthday," I said with a smile.

"Thank you," Derek replied.

Alan, Woody, and Derek walked inside the house.

"I hope we did okay on timing," Alan whispered to me.