Chapter 5

- Next Day - 

Y/N's POV

I woke up rather early today. I did have quite a few things to get done and to reflect on. I have broken up with Hawk for a day now. It does feel quite nice not having him to worry about. I know we had been together for so long and I should be sulking I guess but I have never felt so free. Would it be wrong for me to go out with other people right away or would it be better to wait?

I took some time to make some breakfast and then the phone rang. It either had to be one of the guys or Matthew. I went over and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked across the phone.

"Hello, it is me, Eric," Eric spoke across the phone.

His voice over the phone made my stomach get butterflies. Was that normal?

"Oh, hi how are you this morning?" I asked

"Doing well, and yourself?" Eric asked.

"Good," I said.

"I hope it was not too early in the morning to be giving you a ring on the phone," Eric replied.

"Oh, of course not. I am here and awake," I said.

"Would you like to hang out with us today?" Eric asked.

"Sure," I said.

"What time do you work today?" Eric asked.

"I work a short shift today so it is like 10 to 2," I said.

"Okay, do you want us to meet you at the studio or did you want us to meet some place else?" Eric asked.

"You guys could come over to my house if you would like to do so?" I asked.

"Oh, sure sounds like it could be fun," Eric replied.

I gave him my address and we conversed a little while longer eventually hanging up the phone. I cleaned up my place and made sure it looked nice. It was only 9 now so I had some time to spare.

I called up Matthew and hoped he would answer.

"Hey," Matthew spoke.

"Hi, hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Oh, hey Y/N not much and yourself?" He asked.

"I just had a conversation with Eric on the phone. What do you do when you get butterflies from someone?" I asked.

"I don't know it just means you like the way they speak. You seem quite into this guy already," Matthew replied.

"It is not that I am into him it is just I don't know what to do with these feelings. They are feelings I have not had in a long time," I said.

"Well, you just need to process them then," He replied.

"Okay, and I am going to be hanging out with them again today. But, I invited them to my house," I said.

"Ooo, that is kind of fancy. You will be at work today though, right?" He asked.

"Yes, I will be. I will see you soon there," I replied.

"Okay, good," He replied.

We hung up and we met up at work.

"I don't know how to think about life right now. I have 2 more days with these guys and I do not think I am going to be okay with it not being more," I said.

"I think you are going to have to get a grip on yourself. It is going to be fine and they will not forget you," Matthew replied.

"I do have a grip but my hands are sweating. What then?" I asked.

"No more questions, let's work and then you can go have your fun," He replied.

I nodded and we got to work and worked until we would be out of the studio.

"I am going to head home kind of quick so I can be there before they get to the house," I said.

"Okay, if you need me you know where I am going to be," Matthew said.

I got on my way home and I did make it in time. I made sure the house looked and smelled nice. You never want a house that does not smell good. Maybe I was just nervous.

There was a knock at the door soon enough. I opened the door and let them in.

"Hey, thanks for inviting us into your home," Les spoke.

"Of course, you guys are some kind people," I said.

They all took a seat on the couch. I got some tea made for each of them.

"You have quite a nice place," Derek spoke.

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem," Derek said.

"Some people have way too much decor in their homes and this is like perfect," Woody spoke.

"Well that is good then," I said but with a chuckle.

"They notice all of the small things," Eric commented.

I sat down on the couch and had some tea for myself as well.

"I feel like there is so much we need to get to know about you," Alan said.

"Well if you are curious about me then go ahead and ask me some questions and I will do the same for you guys," I said.

"Okay, I will go first - besides work what do you like to do for fun?" Derek asked.

"I like to paint and go on walks. I feel like walks help me to clear my mind quite a bit," I said.

"Oooh sounds fun. Are any of these things on the walls things you have done yourself?" Les asked.

"Yes, I made those clouds there and that artistic image there," I said but pointing them out.

"Very nice," Woody said.

"Okay, this question will be for you since you asked me one. What do you like the most about seeing the world on tours?" I ask but looking at Les.

"I think it is cool to explore so many new places. You get to explore new cultures and everything," Les replied.

"I love that," I said but with a smile.

"Are you single?" Eric asked.

"Random but yes I am," I said but with a nervous chuckle.

"Dude," Derek whispered to Eric.

Eric chuckled.

"Well then, are you single?" I asked but looking at Eric.

"Mhm, of course I am single," Eric said.

We would go on to ask each other more questions and getting to know one another more. We had two days together which made it hard for me to think about but it was okay. I would move on from this you know? Or would I?

"Eric is really into the idea of long walks in the park or any beautiful place," Derek said.

"That is always nice," I said.

"What is your dream date?" Eric asked.

I feel like these questions were trying to ask something without asking something but I knew I was wrong. Maybe I was not wrong.

"Well I like simple things. I think having a picnic in the park would be a cute place to have a date. Just surrounded by nature," I said.

"A nature girl are you?" Derek asked.

"Indeed I am," I said.

"Eric is a nature person as well," Woody said.

Were they throwing hints at me and I was just missing them? 

"We love a guy who is into nature," I said.

"Of courseee, we do," Les commented.