Chapter 51

- Next Day - 

Y/N's POV

It was now the 23rd of December which meant Christmas would be in two days. I had a conversation with Derek today which followed the same kind of thing I had been doing here recently with the rest.

"How have your talks with the boys been going?" Eric asked me.

We were eating lunch in the kitchen at the moment.

"Good. They have all had some cool ideas and I think it is good to be able to talk to them individually it is a good thing," I said.

"That is good. And you know you are lucky because me and you get to pass ideas back and forth anytime," he said.

"I know and it is pretty nice being able to do so. I think it is cool how we have crafted so many songs at such random just because they have come to us," I said.

"A good amount of late nights but it is always so much fun being able to write with you," he replied.

"Yeah, I think it is cool to always be coming up with new ideas with you," I said with a smile.

"So you talk to Woody tomorrow and is that the last one?" Eric asked as he looked at me.

"Yeah, and the good thing is I am gathering notes on everyone's ideas and being able to compile some interesting things," I said.

"You mentioned how Alan would like you to be his manager?" Eric asked.

"Yeah, he said if ever went back to doing any kind of music work like singing he would like me to be," I said.

"I think you would also be good at taking over the management part of Bay City you know," he said.

"You think I could do good with it?" I asked.

"You would be able to make it make more sense in the things we do. I mean the management is not bad but it would be fun for you to be running it," Eric said.

"That is kind of what Alan also had said you know. I think it could be a fun twist," I said.

"And now we are looking for another member for the group so it could be a good time to do so," he said.

"I guess that could be something we look into," I said.

"Oh, and how is Matthew doing? I have not seen him around here too much lately," Eric said.

"He has been busy but his attitude I think got adjusted. Alan talked to him yesterday and Matthew did call last night," I said.

"So are you guys okay on speaking term wise?" he asked.

"Yeah, he just got his ego in his way for a couple of days. I think he is over it now but he did admit to it," I said.

"I think it is cool how Alan is able to help situate people," Eric said.

"I know he is like a good big brother which is always so nice," I said.

"Yeah," Eric said.

We finished our food and Eric washed our plates. I stood behind him hugging him from behind and put my head on his back.

"You're cute you know that?" Eric said.

"You're cuter," I said as I kissed his cheek.

Eric finished washing the dishes and dried off his hands. He turned to look at me.

"You know what is cute?" Eric asked.

"Hm?" I asked.

"This," Eric said as he kissed me.

"Mmmm, you got me," I said with a chuckle.

"I think it is cute how you always have something new for us to do," Eric said.

"Well like right now I think it is interesting how Christmas is in like 2 days," I said.

"Yeah, that is kind of interesting how the month and time is going so quick," Eric said.

"I know and it is kind of sad because Christmas is my favorite holiday and it is almost gone," I said.

"I know but then Valentine's Day is going to be coming up which is always a fun holiday," Eric said.

"Our first one together," I said with a smile.

"And it is going to be an amazing one. This is also our first Christmas and I think it is going to be special," Eric said as he smiled at me.

We walked into the living room and sat down on the couch.

"I think it is exciting how fast our relationship has been moving," Eric said.

"I know and some people could think we are moving too quick but I feel like it would be like no we are not," I said.

"There is no timeline on true love," Eric said as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"You are right. So many people might think oh you can't love someone so quick but when I saw you I knew it was true love," I said as I looked at him.

"I knew it was true love when I saw your face the first time. I just did not want to admit it to myself," Eric said.

I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed his head.

"It is crazy how the heart and mind know what is meant for you," I said.

"I know and that is what is so fascinating about it you know?" he commented.

"Yeah, I find it to be a very special thing in this little life of ours," I said.

"We are also going to be having dinner at Derek and Alan's for Christmas," he said.

"I am excited the dinner is always one of my favorite parts of the holiday," I said.

"You like food don't you?" he asked.

"Don't we all?" I asked with a chuckle.

"The world could not go around if there was no food so you have a good point," he replied.

I kissed his cheek and he smiled.

"I love seeing your smile," I said.

"I know you do my love," he replied.

"I love it even more when I know I am the reason behind it," I said.

"Most of the time you are the reason behind it," he replied.

"I love that," I said with a smile.

"And I love to be the reason behind that smile," he said as he put his hand on mine.

"You always are," I said with a giggle.

I played with his hand while it was in mine.

Life is always a crazy thing when it ends up being so perfect in a way you never knew it could be.