4

Firstly Angel handed him the baggie with a sigh. His head hung low and he couldn't look Husk in the eye.

"What's weighing on your mind man?" Husker wondered.

"It's just." Angel paused fighting the alcohol swirling through his body, thinking about his words carefully. "It's not that I'm not happy for him, and I'm uh. I'm NOT jealous if that's what's you're thinking."

Husker shook his head as if to say, 'thats not at all, what i think'.

"It's just, he was only here for a single week the day he died, but he goes to heaven just like that?" A tear threatened to fall but he wiped it away. "What am I doing wrong Husk?" He inquired looking up from the floor with soulful eyes.

"Angel. You're not doing anything wrong." Husker sighed, putting a hand supportively on Angel's shoulder.

"Bullshit. If that were true why am I still here? I've been here the longest, I've put in all the effort." Angeldust whined.

Husk put both hands on Angel's shoulders and gripped them. "Angel he died. You don't just wake up and magically you're in heaven. At least I assume that's not how it works."

Angeldust was silent.

"Seriously Ang, he's not better or worse than you there's no need to pity yourself. And there's absolutely no need to waste away your progress with this." He said dangling the baggie as he spoke.

Angel wiped his eyes again. "Yeah?"

Husker nodded. "Yeah."

 "Can I get rid of this?" He asked, needing permission since it wasn't his to just get rid of. Charlie and Vaggy would have just done so but not Husk.

Angeldust hopped to his feet the energy he lacked back in his demeanor. "No, no, no, no please." He begged. "I've had it since I got here, I-I haven't used it." He explained frantically.

Husker looked confused after that. He stayed silent hoping the demon would explain.

"I, I just need to know I have it, for days like today. I won't use it, but knowing it's there helps." He sighed. He hated how weak and pathetic he sounded.

"What about the stashes Charlie and Vaggy keep finding?" Husker wondered.

"I just keep replacing them with Val's shit from work, so they keep looking in the same places, so they don't rid me of my own stashes, and I won't touch whatever is in Val's drugs, I don't even want to know what he laces that shit wit." Angel explained.

"It's the only thing that numbs the pain from everything. Valentino, my self hatred, all of it Husk. I just need to know I have something here, For the bad nights at work, so I don't have to find it elsewhere." He finished.

Husker sighed, he sat the bag down. He walked back to the bed and hugged the taller demon. "I believe you, and I won't tell them about this." He whispered in angels ear.

The two sat in silence for a moment.

"I don't wanna go back to the party." Angeldust admitted.

"We don't have to." Husker agreed. "Although you should probably hide this again in case one of them comes up here."

Angeldust nodded. Husker covered his eyes not wanting to know where any of his stashes are. He can't withhold information he doesn't have. Angeldust sat back on his bed, and Husk uncovered his eyes.

"What now?" He asked.

"You hungry?" Husker wondered. Angeldust nodded. "Okay, I'll be right back." Husker went back down stairs made two plates of food and went right back up to Angel's room. He sat the food down next to him and sat quietly, as he noticed Angel was on the phone.