53

A few days go by. Angels back at work after his weekend off, it was after this shift but Vox asked to meet with him so it was more like 8:30 now.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY TO VAL!" vox screamed in Angel's face.

"He threaten me! I said what I had to, to shut him up."

"You see what you did?" Vox asked turning around in his chair to face Angeldust. Vox was missing an eye.

"Oooh." Angeldust cringed in disgust at the sight.

"Yeah, cause you had to run your dirty mouth about me considering a break up. Fucking hell Angeldust." Vox growled.

"Give me one reason other than the fact you make us the most money, that I shouldn't fire you for causing drama and getting involved in my personal life, again?"

"I, I don't have one." Angeldust said sassily giving the TV man side eye.

"Frankly I don't give a fuck Vox! You like the way Val treats you? That's great but, Don't ever fucking pretend like you get my situation. He beat me to a bloody pulp almost every day. YOU KNEW ABOUT MOST OF IT AND DID NOTHING. Then you fired me even though it's His fault your ratings dropped cause NOBODY likes the shit he's into. And if you do, you haven't seen all of it, or you're lying to yourself like I was."

The spider's body contorted, his body was no longer white it was more a silvery gray but the pink bits were still pink all of his arms were out, his demon mode activated, as he yelled.

"Angeldust."

"Fuck you. I'm done."

Angeldust transformed back to normal before, he stormed out of V Tower. Back to the hotel.

Angeldust walked through the hotel doors silent in anger. He sat his ass down on the side of the bartop farthest from them, not giving a single shit that Husker was talking to his boss. He rested his elbows on his thighs holding his head in his hands and sighed.

Alastor looked and the demon with distain but just kept talking to Husker, who listened while pouring Angel's drink.  He gently slid it down the bar top to him.

He looked up at Husker and then down at the drink. He mouthed a thank you as Husker kept his conversation with Alastor.

"Just remember what I told you, Husk. Between you and me." He said teleporting up to the hallway. He knocked on Charlie's door not waiting for a come in.

"Hi darling. I got some things I'd like to share." Alastor said.

"About?" Charlie asked.

"About that THING we were discussing, of course." His voice got higher as he said thing his smile got wider and his eyebrows raised.

"Oh. OH!" She was all ears.

Downstairs,

"You gonna tell me what happened?" Husk asked solemnly, as he polished a glass.

"I uh." Angeldust was awkward. He kinda regretted walking out.  He scratched his neck nervously and facepalmed with another hand.  "I quit." He said bluntly.

"Vox started screaming at me, long story short, I quit."

"Fuck." Husker said in a interested tone, taking a swig from his bottle. "Do you want to talk about it?" Husker asked.

"No. Not right now at least." He said in monotone. "I need to process this."

"No problem baby."

"I love you." Angeldust smiled. Taking the last sip of his drink.

"I love you." Husker said wittily. "Do you want another?"

"Sure, Husk." He smiled.

"Good cause I mixed enough for two." He chuckled.

"You're a dork."

"It's dorky to pay attention to you?" Husker wondered, as he poured more of the drink into Angel's glass.

Angeldust just shrugged. He hopped off the counter and grabbed his drink.
"Thank you." He kissed Husker's cheek, and went up to his room.

Husker finished out his shift at the bar.

Angeldust downed his drink sat it on his night stand and slumped onto his bed, with a groan. Why couldn't Vox just listen to him? He's only been saying Valentino's a psychopath for as long as he's been working for the Vees. Vox has literally witnessed some of what Val has done to Angel at his worst. Why the fuck does he not care?

Because Vox has also seen Val at his best with Angeldust, he was morbidly jealous of the spider for having all of Val's attention. He'll follow Val blindly if it means he'll get even just a taste of that affection.  Vox does feel bad for Angel but his envy overpowered all other feelings.

They would occasionally vent about Valentino to each other but, that slowly made them both resent each other the same way the resent Val.

"I'm literally nothing to him Vox! He's got so many other fucking whores to fuck, he's got you wrapped around his pinkie finger and you're jealous of me?!" Angeldust yelled.

"He barely gives me the time of day because he's fucking you! Our relationship went right out the window the minute you showed up!" He seethed.

"You know what, stay the fuck out of it! You wanna get cought up in his shit go right ahead. I hope it was worth it to you. Cause it definitely wasn't for me." Angeldust stormed out of the room.

Angeldust softly sobbed remembering all the times he let go of his anger and left Vox to deal with whatever mess he was in. Vox did it to him first but why didn't they ever try to patch their shit up? Angeldust couldn't stop thinking about it.

He went into Husker's room

Fuck am I doing? Angeldust wasn't in control anymore.