Chapter Four

A few months go by, Angeldust has officially been clean for a year, and Charlie finally persuaded the head seraphem to consider hearing why he deserves to be in heaven.

Right now Husker and everyone were setting up decorations for the surprise party for Angeldust, who was currently at work. Alastor, snapped his fingers to make some snazzy tables already covered in a bubblegum pink cloth with a black strip around the bottom, appear. As Husker and Charlie hand painted a banner that read:

"HAPPY ONE YEAR SOBER ANGELDUST!"

With hand drawn balloons curtsey of Charlie. Vaggy had put up some streamers and was blowing up some helium balloons trying her damnedest to keep the other hotel guests busy, as They attempted several times to inhale the helium when nobody was looking.  Cherribomb even stopped by to show her support, helping wherever she could.

"I'm pretty sure this can't get you high, but what the hell is wrong with you for wanting this in your body even if it could?!"  She truly didn't understand, the thoughts of some of these sinners.

Husker and Charlie were ready to hang the banner. They called two of the new recruits over to be their spotters as the climbed up the ladders. "Hey Vaggy is this straight?" Husker called out. 

Vaggy tied up the balloon she currently filled and walked over to the bar because it was right even with where they put the banner.

"Looks good to me." She stated. Before blowing up more balloons and asking Alastor to help tie strings to them

"Pleas be careful cause if you let it go," she cut herself off watching Alastor get distracted as he put the HELIUM balloon on the floor and walked away, as it floated up to the ceiling. With her free had she slapped herself. Cherribomb decided to help her with the balloons, since Alastor was no help.

After an hour of finalizing decorations, the rag tag group retired to the kitchen to make various snacks. The recruits made Angeldust's favorite type of cookie. The type sugar cookies that aren't crazy soft and have sugar crystal sprinkles on them. They cut them into hearts because the hotel only had three cookie cutters, a tree, a gingerbread man, and a heart. Charlie and Vaggy worked on mixing cake batter while Husker whipped up a homemade butter cream frosting in three different colors. As the cookies baked.

Alastor snapped his fingers and got a nice lil chocolate fountain set up on what would become the desert table with many many strawberries.

"You know, were missing a photography station." He pointed out as he entered the kitchen.

"Shit you're right. He deserves a photo on the wall, a year sober is a huge accomplishment." Charlie agreed.

Alastor snapped his fingers and a tripod with the greatest picture camera Al could get materialized in front of the banner.

Once everything was done baking, Charlie stated the kitchen was off limits as the cookies and cake needed to cook before decorating and nobody can eat them before the party. Everyone sat in the lobby relaxing and gawking at how good the decorations came out.

"He's gonna love this guys!" Husker stated.

"He deserves it!" One of the newbies stated. Everyone looked at him wondering, when the hell Angeldust interacted with anyone but the main cast.

"Oh, I got into some trouble with uh, some guys at a bar a while back, I owed them money, I couldn't pay up, and he paid my debt in full." The guy stated.

"Holy shit." Vaggy was surprised. The we're all surprised.

"Ain't he the sweetest." Husker gushed.

It was around time to decorate the cake. Vaggy spread the pink buttercream all over the cake, with a little left over.
Charlie wrote " Happy 1 year of sobriety Angie!" in the black icing Husker made, in the fanciest way she could. Alastor, did the piping for the boarder of the cake on the top and bottom.  While Cherri looked for a little something special.

Edible glitter.  She handed Husker a shaker and she had one as well.

Part of Husker wanted to pour the whole bottle on the cake, knowing full well that's something Angeldust would do but, he stopped himself,  just sprinkling it on as even as he could along borders.

Vaggy carefully carried the cake tray to the fridge as Charlie sat the cookies on the counter next to it for her to put in.

They ordered pizzas from the best pizza place in hell, even if it was on the other side of the pentagram and would take over an hour to deliver. Luckily time was on their side cause they ordered it early. It wasn't even noon yet and Angeldust gets done with work around three today, but with the hour walk he'd be home by four.

While they waited the group prepared speeches, things they wanted Angeldust to hear. Mostly how proud they were, and Husker had to scrap his four time cause it got a little too raunchy for the occasion. He finally got how he wanted it though.

The pizzas arrived at 3:45, perfect timing, Charlie and Vaggy carried the platter of cookies and the cake tray to the desert table. Husker was the look out considering he's a cat he's got stealth on his side.

"He's in the parking lot!" He yelled. Grabbing fat Nuggs from off the floor.

Quickly Charlie turned the lights off in the lobby, Husker hid behind the bar with the piglet in his arms, as everyone else took cover wherever there could, as they waited.

Cherribomb didn't bother hiding cause her presence here would be surprise enough for Angeldust, she just sat in a chair.