24

Charlie was razzled. How long has it been? Another meeting in Heaven. This could be it the moment of truth. Out of her current rehabilitating sinners, four of them asended. Whatever Charlie was doing was working! She's even closer to getting Angel up to those golden gates and she won't stop now. She waltzed upstairs to shar the good news. She opened his door forgetting to knock

"Charlie?! What the fuck?!" Husker and Angle yelled in unison. The sight could have easily been worse but Charlie definitely didn't expect to see the two of them naked just chilling on the bed.

"My eyes! My eyes!" She screamed covering her eyes and ran out of the room, accidentally slamming the door.

"You wanna try that again Char?" Husker laughed the two men covers their lower halves with a blanket waiting. Charlie knocks on the door this time.

"Come in." Angeldust called. Charlie still covered her eyes.

"We're covered doll." He assured. She moved her fingers to peak before deciding it was safe to uncover her eyes completely.

"I am so sorry I barged in like that! I'm just so excited I got great news!" She explained.

"Spit it out babe." He instructed.

"I got another meeting in Heaven tomorrow! those souls, another four of them got in! I don't know what I'm doing but we're making progress. I'm gonna get you up there in no time!" She exclaimed.

Angeldust had a weird look on his face. He was uncomfortable with the news. He wasn't sure why. Isn't this what he was fighting for? Getting clean, doing better? Why was he sad? Was it cause he's closer to losing Husker than ever? Was it because he's scared of the change heaven will obviously be? He didn't know, and it scares him. Husker could tell. He knew that face all too well. He took over the conversation for him.

"That's Great Charlie! Keep us posted!" He congratulated.

"Of course! Thank you guys for being such a big help!" She exclaimed. "I want to hug you, and I would, if you weren't naked right now." She stated walking out of the room, shutting the door.

"Where were we?" Husker asked. Trying to ease Angel's mind but the mood was gone. He was terrified of his future. Now more than ever. He never fathomed getting this far. He began to cry.

"Hey, Hey! Talk to me man." Husker said in a soothing voice. "This is supposed to be good."

"I- I know! But I'm just so scared!" Angeldust whined.

"Bout what Legs?" Husker asked.

"What if I'm not good enough? What about you? You know damn well I'm way too dependent on you. I'll fuck up the moment we're apart." Angeldust sobbed.

"Babe I don't think they have temptations in heaven. I think you'd be fine." Husker assured.

"I also don't want to live with you! Or fat Nuggs!" Angel balled.

"Oh Nuggs will get in for sure, he's the goodest boy." He cooed.

"Yeah? Den why he down here in the first place?" Angel asked.

"Cause before those fucking douchbags claimed to be so pure and holy, but they didn't even know what gets a soul into heaven. But Everyone just gets sent here. No wonder we're the most overpopulated city in all of hell." He grumbled.

"Can't you see babe, She got through to them. She fucking did it. And this hunk of junk hotel is working." He stated. "Though I'm a little worried what Alastor might do." He stated. "he never expected success would come of this. He was ready to watch you all fail miserably, to watch you try and try but they fall on their face every time." Husker sighed.
"Fuck! I left my booze downstairs!" He groaned.

"If you ain't up there wit me, I don't wanna fucken go." Angeldust stated coldly.

"Baby it's too late for me. I've sat here and put no effort into working on myself. I drink, who am I kidding don't fucken count em." Husker shook his head a hand covering his face. "The point is, I choose the same poison all day everyday. Never trying to quit, never doing nothing different. I'm not getting in babe. But you! You put in that work. Don't let it be for nothing."

"It's not for nothing! But shit Husk, I just want you their for my new chapter." He explained.

"And I will be. Just, from down here." He assured.

"I said, I'm not going nowhere Angel. I meant that. If you do get up there we'll find a way to make this work." Husker stated.

"Like Hades and Persephone?" Angeldust asked.

"Not the analogy I expected, but sure." Husker agreed. He wasn't even sure that's what Angel meant but he knew what he was trying to say.