29

Angeldust walked into the room. "Is he okay?"

"I fixed him, but right now he's passed out, his body is trying to regulate back to 'normal.'" Vox explained. "Oh and he may be temporarily deaf, blind or both."

"What?!" Angeldust asked with a growl.

"Look, I tried to do it the safe way, I couldn't find the damn thing so I did what I had to. Unless you rather me have let his head explode." Vox stated coldly.

"Thanks." Angeldust said.

"You wanna thank me, keep your shit with Alastor to yourself, I don't need him even more on my back." Vox stated. "He's lucky to be alive tho. Alastor always finishes the job."

"Yeah. I was there." Angeldust stated.

"And Alastor left a witness?!" Vox was shocked.

"Didn't really leave him a choice." Angeldust smirked still proud of how he handled the situation.

"You?! You want me to believe, your scrawny whore ass, managed to intimidate The Radio Demon?" Vox laughed hysterically.

"Dat's how it happened."

"I didn't think you had it in you." Vox laughed.

"I didn't, but since Val let me go, shit's been different."

"Wait, Valentino let you go?" Vox asked being only a little nosey. "Talk about rock bottom."

"He says he replaced me, but I think he's just jealous that I wasn't loyal to him anymore." Angeldust thought outloud.

"You mean.. With this guy?" Vox asked turning his attention to the sleeping demon on his floor. "He's as old as dirt!"

"Watch it." Angeldust corrected very protectively.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I'm just surprised." Vox stated. Angeldust attempted to explain the situation as they waited for Husker to wake up.

"Lemme get this straight." Vox said as he processed the information Angeldust gave him.

"You get to your room after work, he's on your bed shit faced; says something I assume Alastor didn't like and he just straight up possessed this guy?!" Vox asked. Angeldust nodded.

"You managed to fight him off some how? Did you go full overlord?" Vox wondered, extremely intrigued.

"If that's what you want to call it, I guess."

"Then, you brought him here. After Alastor vanished?" Vox asked.

"Yep."

"He must mean a lot to you."

Angeldust nodded.

Husker started coming to, his head was spinning and he was very disoriented.

"What the fuck happened? How the fuck did I get here? Who the fuck are you?!" He asked directed that last question to Vox.

"I saved your life genius."

"Husk, meet Vox, my boss." Angeldust introduced.

"My head is killing me, anyone got booze?" Husker groaned.

"I think you had enough for one day. Twelve fucking beers in an hour is more than enough." Angeldust stated. The two thanked Vox as the walked out of his office, and into the elevator.

"I had how many?!" Husker was very confused.

"You don't remember?" Angeldust asked.

"I remember pissing Alastor off. I remember Charlie got him to leave me alone. I remember at quittin' time I went up to your room with four bottles of my cheap shit."

"Whiskers, when I got home you had like ten empty bottles on my floor, one in your hand and four unopened ones." Angeldust corrected.

"Shit you're right. I was so distraught after that interaction with Alastor. Was I belligerent? Did I hurt you?! Angeldust I'm so sorry if I -" Angeldust stopped him.

"You didn't do nothing, you were too wasted to even speak." Angeldust assured him. "Do you remember anything after that?"

"I remember talking to you, but I don't remember what we were talking about. I remember a ear piercingly high frequency voice in my head, and seeing a giant spider, God I sound crazy." Husker sighed putting his head to his hands.

"No, that happened babe." Angeldust stated. Husker ignored him. More so he didn't process that Angeldust basically saw the giant spider too. Husker was convinced he was tripping.

"The giant spider and Alastor fought, and I was just stuck watching. As Alastor killed the spider." Husker stated.

"Okay what in the mind fuck did Alastor do to your head, cause I beat the shit outta him and he disappeared in defeat." Angeldust corrected.

"You were that spider?!" Husker asked. Angeldust nodded.
"Fuck that's so hot." Husker admitted. Angeldust chuckled as they exitted the elevator and walked out of the building and in the direction of the hotel. "Well I'm glad whatever I saw in lala land wasn't real. I don't know what I'd do if I let him hurt you."

"What, you think I'm gonna let anyone attack you? Without even trying?" Angeldust asked.

"No, I just, everything is so fuzzy." Husker sighed.

"Let me fill you in." Angeldust said before explaining what happened in his bedroom just two hours or so prior at this point.

"I told you about that?! No wonder he came after me." Husker panicked thinking Alastor is just going to come back as finish the job.

"Well no, you said he made one but he didn't exactly let you get out the details."

"I'm so sorry you had to see all that." Husker sighed. "I'll never put you in danger again."

"But, I love for getting in way over my head." He whined. "But seriously? In a heartbeat I'd do that all again for you."

They got back to the hotel. Vaggy and Charlie greeted the two demons at the door. Charlie engulfed Husker into the biggest hug she could muster.

"Hey kid." Husker patted her shoulder, trying to soothe her from whatever she thought could have happened to him. "I'm okay. I'm not going anywhere."

"I have someone who wants to apologize. If you'll hear him out." She stated after stepping away.

"Charlie I think it's a little too soon for him to face Alastor right now." Angeldust stated.

"I wanna know what he has to say. I promise I can handle it." Husker assured. He walked closer to the demon in question, and sat in a chair acrossed from him.

"I told Charlie everything." Alastor stated, swallowing with a new found anxiety he's never had. "I just hope you can forgive me. I didn't realize it til I saw you in the corner banging your head into the wall as I forced you to, and Charlie's horrible trembling, because I, scared her, but I really do care about you all." He stopped looking around the room at everyone. "I'm sorry I treated you so poorly. Normally I find joy doing what I do to souls that crossed me but for the first time, I felt like I wasn't in control. It wasn't me doing those things. I mean it was me, obviously but my hand was forced too." Alastor explained.

"Don't sweat it. Just please don't try and kill me again, especially in front of Legs. He don't deserve to see that." Husker stated.

Alastor nodded before finishing his apology, to everyone. Especially Angeldust.