32

"At this point it should be no surprise to anyone." Husker started. "When Alastor made me bartender, against my will I may add. I thought this damn hotel was a joke. A load of malarkey. Like any resident in hell would ever CHOOSE to be here. But then you waltzed through those doors like you owned the place. Sat down at that damn bar as cocky as ever." Husker reminisced with a chuckle.

"You may have annoyed me with that, overly sexual, sexualization of every interaction you ever engaged in, but when I truly got to know you, I realized that this hotel meant something. That some of these souls were worth the fight it took Charlie and Vaggy. I mean getting laughed at by news casters and every citizen in hell, for having a big dream and an even bigger heart." He paused looking at Charlie, before continuing. "You made the path to redemption your bitch Angeldust, and I'm so beyond proud of you. I just hope you're as proud of yourself as everyone here is of you." Husker didn't even bother wiping the tears away until after he finished speaking.

The roar of the crowd was a little overwhelming for Husker, he didn't think his speech was that good.

Angeldust stood up wiped the tears on his sleeve. "Thank you all so much, for believing in me, for caring so damn much about me, and most importantly never giving up on me. I know I made this dream of yours more difficult than it needed to be. For that I'm truly sorry, but if it weren't for all of you, I wouldn't have ever made it this far. Now, can we all take a moment to cheer for Charlie, Vaggy and at this not so hunk-a-junk hotel that made all this possible!" He wooed chugging his own drink, as everyone else followed.

Charlie blushed at the recognition of her dream, and of its success, before she began crying uncontrollably. Vaggy tried to comfort her in her moment of overwhelming happiness but everything she said just made her sob more from how caring Vaggy was.

Everyone huddled around the banner for one last photo with Angeldust. The group all posed.

Angeldust hugged Cherri thanking her for coming to the celebration.

"Of course bitch, I wouldn't miss it for the greatest terf war in hell. You always come first." She gushed. "Be good to him, alright." She instructed Husker. Basically telling Angeldust she approved.

"Always." Husker assured, downing probably his fourth drink of the night.

Charlie ran up to Angeldust's from where he didn't know, just that one minute she was not here and the next she was.

"I have big news!" She said filled with excitement.

"You really gotta learn to just say it babe." Angeldust laughed putting an arm around her shoulder as they walked to the couch in the lobby.

"I finally convinced heaven to hear you out. They want to hold another meeting in the court room where they will decide if you're worthy!" Charlie stated unable to contain her excitement.

The energy from the night grew. For everyone else, that was great news. But, for him it was an end of an era, his face fell but he put on the bold face, and held up a persuasive facade that the news made him just as excited. He was quiet the rest of the night, minimally interacting with the guests that talk to him of congratulate him.

Charlie got up to grab a slice of cake and her precence was replaced by Husker who handed Angel a plate with cake on it, as he sat down, taking a bite of his own slice. There was a genuine smile on Angeldust's face, from the precence of his lover, but he passed it off as general happiness.

"You look like you're enjoying yourself." Husker cooed. Angeldust just nodded.

"Alright talk to me." Husker sighed.

"I'm fine! Just a little overwhelmed." Angeldust lied.

"I thought parties were your thing?" Husk was confused.

"They are! But those are just for fun parties, no rhyme or reason, this feels out of my comfort zone in the sense we're celebrating something, that something being me feels really out of place." He admitted.

"You feel like you don't deserve to be celebrated?" Husker wondered. Angeldust nodded. "It's just another day." He shrugged.

"Ang, would it be just another day if I was sober for a year?" Husker asked.

"Fuck no! I'd be taking you Lucifer knows where and showing you just how much you deserve it." Angeldust immediately argued.

"That's why we're doing this for you! We're proud of you and what you accomplished and we wanted you to know that." Husker soothed, putting his plate on the table eyeing it every now and then so nobody touches it.

"I don't know. I feel like I haven't accomplished anything." Angeldust sighed. "staying sober is easy. Getting there is the hard part." He admitted.

"It was easy for you, Angeldust." Husker pointed out. "Because you have so many people backing you up, and making sure you know you're loved even if you did relapse. Making it that much easier to get up again, rooting for you to keep on going." Husker explained. "On earth people overdose left and right because they don't have this. They have people who tell them they're a failure because the had one bad day, or made one bad choice. You have a bad day you got everyone here ready to whoop that day's ass."

Angeldust chuckled reluctantly.

"Don't tell yourself you don't deserve this just because staying clean for this long was easier than you expected." Husker placed his hand on Angeldust's thigh comfortingly. "You got this babe."

Angeldust repeated that last part in his head, for the rest of the party.

Cherribomb made her way over to the couple.

"I think it's time I tell you the real reason I'm here." She started. Husker nonchalantly sipped his drink already knowing. Angeldust cocked an eyebrow at both of them.

"I'M MOVING IN!" she cheered.