41

Husker was on, probably his fifth bottle of the day.  He served one or two customers every now and then. It was getting late, nearly nine pm....

...... and Angeldust still wasn't back yet.

Alastor told him he had til ten pm, to leave the bar open waiting for Angeldust. He sent Angel another text, still not receiving an answer.

Suddenly,

The hotel door opened and shut.  A wobbly figure stumbled to the bar. Angedust, was wearing sunglasses he, definitely didn't have on when he left. Husker mixed his drink quickly, and passed the glass to him.

"Thanks." Angeldust said, he removed the sunglasses once he realized nobody else was in the lobby, lifted the drink from the counter and sipped it fancily. His legs were crossed perfectly under the counter.

"What the fuck happened?" Husker asked.

"You should see the other guys." Angeldust avoided, confidence in his tone.

"That doesn't answer my question." Husker stated.

"I was jumped." He sighed. "By Valentino's idiotic help."

"What?!" He yelled.

"Husker seriously, I'm fine!" Angeldust stated. "Val, and apparently you too, forget I have these bad boys." Angel retracted his extra set of arms holding two Tommy guns.

"You shot them?!" Husker exclaimed his eyes widened and his ears perked up.

"Hell yeah I did." Angeldust laughed.

"I love you." Husker laughed along.

"I know." He said cockily. "I love you too."

Husker grabbed one of the unopened boxes of alcohol, and sat it in the counter. With one claw he cut open the tape and began restocking the shelves.
Angeldust grabbed two bottles, making a clanking noise as he did.

"Angel, please don't run off with that." He said instinctively, but Angel was already next to him putting the bottles on the shelves he can't reach. Thinking he was being helpful.

"Uh, there's none up there for a reason." Husker stated.

"Why?" Angeldust asked grabbing them down from the shelf.

Husker just stood where he was and looked up at Angeldust's.

"Oh." He put them in empty slots next to other bottles so he knew Husker could reach them.

"Thanks." Husker smiled.

"Don't mention it." Angeldust teased.

They went through the box much quicker meaning Husker was closer to being done.  He grabbed the spray bottle and a cloth and wipes the countertop clean.

Angeldust sat on the counter, his legs dangling and his hands wrapped around the bottom of the counter top to keep him balanced, he scrollwd on his phone like he was bored.

Husker admired him.

"Come on, Legs." He said walking out to the lobby.

Angeldust hopped off the counter still scrolling through his phone as they approached the stairs. He put his phone in his pocket and followed after Husk.

"Where we going?" Husker asked when he reached the top of the stairs.

"Your room." Angeldust answered without hesitation, as he climbed up the last few steps.

Husker waited and extended his hand to Angel who Gladys interlocked his fingers as the two walked down the hallway to Husker's room.

Husker sat on his bed, his back to the wall and his legs flat in front of him. Angel sat next to him but his legs were bent over the edge of the bed as he laid back.

"Do you always sit like that, or are ya posin'?" Husker smirked.

"When, I'm lazy." Angeldust answered.

"Get up here." Husker instructed.

Angeldust groaned, but didn't move.

"Now." Husker said sternly.

Angel did nothing.

"One." Husker wanted to see what would happen.

Angeldust gulped.

"T-?" Husker said more like a question.

He didn't even have to finish the word. Angeldust rolled over, climbered onto the mattress with the help of his six arms. He was sat with his legs crossed only inches away from husker.

Silence.

Angeldust was silently screaming.

Husker, was silently screaming.

The silence was deafening, and aggressive.

Husker took a deep breath.

"I'll be right back." He huffed.

Angeldust looked confused but just watched as, the man walked to the door and out of the room, leaving it open.

Husker went downstairs, grabbed a bottle of his booze chugging it. He's never felt whatever that was before. He wiped his mouth, and cleared his throat.

He collected himself quickly, and rushed back up the stairs. He went back into his room, unpropped the door and shut it. He grabbed a bottle of alcohol out of his mini fridge, opened it and sat back on his bed.

Angel just watched him.

"What?" Husker asked.

Angeldust shrugged.

"You wanna play a game?" Husker asked, with a smirk, opening the bottle.

Angeldust made a distrusting face, cocking his head.

"I think I know a game you'd be good at. I'll teach ya." Husker offered the pink spider, after he took a nice gulp of the alcohol.

"I'm listening." Angeldust said curiously.

"It's like Gin, just a lil more complicated." He explained.

"It's called rummy. It's easier to teach as ya play." Husker explained. He grabbed a new pack of playing cards, only trying to impress Angel. He ripped the protective plastic and shuffled the card.

"We each get seven cards." He stated. Shuffling a few more times because it was a brand new pack, before dealing.

Angeldust counted the cards, as he did.

"You put the deck down between us, flip one card here, you can pick up any card in the pile, but you have to take every card that was placed on top of it." He explained.

Husker went on to explain the game, Angeldust picked it up very quickly, he even ran out of cards before Husker.

"Uno?" Angeldust asked.

Husker smirked but, shook his head.

They kept playing til one of them had no cards.  Husker then explained the point system.

"I have to do math?!" Angeldust groaned.

"Only a little, it's just addition, sometimes subtraction." He explained.

Angeldust thought about the cards and which points corresponded. He added up the numbers starting from the biggest numbers to the smallest.

"75." Angeldust stated. And then counted out loud to double check.

"I had fifteen." Husker explained.

"So I won?" He asked.

"Obviously. What would you learn if didn't give you a chance?" Husker asked.

"That was fun." Angeldust stated.

"Even with the math?" Husker asked.

"It's simple enough."

Husker planted a kiss on Angeldust's lips softly, before putting the cards back on his dresser.