26

They sat in a park bench resting their feet after walking for probably two hours. Husker eyed a little coffee shop across the street an nudged Angel before pointing towards the building. Angel nodded.

"Ooh maybe we can get Nuggs a Pup cup." He cheered.

"Sure babe." Husker agreed as they crossed the street.

They waited in the very disorganized line and observed the menu. They settled in getting vanilla ice cream for the lil porker.

Angeldust looked over the menu carefully analyzing everything he was readily before picking the most basic bitch drink hell had to offer. Husker mentally slapped himself for thinking anything less of Angeldust. And grabbed himself an enchanted apple iced tea. Husker said medium for the tea, large for Angeldust's drink, and small for the ice cream.

"That will be 8.62." The barista stated.

The two took a seat by a window as they waited for their number to be called. Angel crossed one leg over the over and rested his chin on his fists, one of his various hands on the table extended, only to hold Husker's, as he took in the atmosphere. Very different from where he'd choosing to go, but he didn't mind it.

The people here all seemed low. He observed, probably working a nine to five somewhere, or bustin' they balls for an overlord. Or homeless slums that got no where better to be. It was kinda sad. Angeldust realized just how important getting people to heaven was for Charlie
Like these low lifes would be stealin' doing whatever they need ta do, just ta get by. Yet they came here, ta dis little hole-n-da-wall café and paid for decently priced coffee, everyone was silent, and sure in the face you could see hostility but no one ever acted on it here. It was a neutual space.

"62?" The barista called. Husker stood letting go of Angel's hand and grabbing the cup holder from off the counter.

"Do you want to stay here, or head out?" Husker pondered.

Angeldust adjusted himself and got comfortable, before grabbing Hell's equivalent to an off brand pink drink. Looking at husker with a sort of side eye. He rested his upper two arms on the back of the booth seat, his legs still crossed, as he swilled on the drink.

Husker quietly chuckled to himself as he sat down, because Angeldust looked so out of place in the booth like that. Like a celebrity in the produce section of Walmart. Which he kinda was, just in a coffee shop instead.

He took his drink out of the cup holder and opened it. He pulled a flask out of his pocket and poured the contents into the drink he paid for. Booze it or lose it.

For once Angel looked content not having all eyes on him.

Angel took the small cup of ice cream out of the cup holder and held it up for Fat Nuggets who was still in Angel's purse right beside him. Huske decided to snap a photo of Angel and the pig as he licked the ice cream.

"You and your basic bitch shit." Husker rolled his eyes very amused.

"Basic badass bitch shit." Angeldust corrected.

"Ooh my mistake your highness." He said sarcasticly.

"Do you always go to dese places?" Angeldust asked.

"I know, it's quite the opposite of what you're used to, but this. This is my life style Legs." Husker admitted.

"Oh I could get used to dis." Angel smirked.

"Really? I thought low profile wasn't really your thing." Husker inquired.

" 'ts not, but de change of pace is nice." Angeldust admitted. "Not having nobody to answer to. Or an uncomfortable precence of a certain you know who, all night."

"No, but you got some old putz staring at you as you sip your basic drink in a coffee shop." Husker stated. Angeldust made a face of concern and looked around, not noticing what Husker was talking about, and shot him a confused look.

"Me! You dope." He teased, slapping his shoulder lightly.

"You're not a putz." Angeldust stated, crossing his arms.

"Oh but I'm old?" Huske asked.

"Why's it matter if you're old you know I'd love ya even if you were what? Twenty years younger." He guestimated not knowing how old Husker truly was.

Husker laughed hysterically. "If your being literal, I take the complement, but if you're just gassing me up to pull my leg here, you're not funny."

"What? You can't possibly be more than twenty years older than me. I wouldn't even think you're ten years older than I." Angeldust informed. Husker laughed harder hearing how genuine angeldust is being about his age.

"Try more like forty years babe. Maybe more." He wiped a tear from his eye as he laughed.

"There's no fucking way you're near or in your seventies looking that fine, when you drink all your days away." Angeldust argued. "Its you doin' the leg pulling bub." Angel poked his chest.

"Oh Angel, you're fucking hopeless." He sighed finally able to stop laughing.

Angeldust just rolled his eyes sipping his drink and rubbing his foot against Husker's shin. Husk was just contently staring at the demon before him.

"Let's say we get outta here?" Husk asked.

Angeldust nodded. Husker got out of the booth and grabbed on of Angeldust's hands helping him out of the seat, the two walked out of the café hand in hand and back to the hotel.

Something was obviously weighing on Angel but Husker couldn't tell what.

"What ya think about?" He wondered as they crossed the street again.

"Do you think Val actually replaced me?" Angeldust wondered.

Husker shrugged. "Even if he did. He'd never find anybody, even close to like you." Husker stated.

"You mean dat?" Angeldust asked.

Husker nodded. "Why you thinking about that jackass anyway?"

"I can't help it sometimes. Ya know, it's like part of my life is gone. Yeah I know it was a bad part of life, but it was a part I grew used to." Angeldust explained. "I'm scared of change Husker. If it wasn't for the hotel being a rent free place for me to hide from Val, I'd never have considered even attempting to be sober for a day let alone staying clean for what, six months?" Angeldust truly didn't know how long it's been but Husker did.

"10 months to date." Husker admired as he corrected his lover.

"You've been keeping track?" Angel's heart fluttered at the surprise. "Is that why you took me here all out of the blue?"

Husker nodded scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "Kinda. Celebrating even small accomplishments makes it easier to realize just how far you've come, and I wanted you to know, I'm proud of you and all you've achieved so far."

Angeldust kissed the cat demon on the cheek blinking away the tears of happiness that welled in his eyes, as the two trecked back to the hotel.