Chapter 1

It was my first day of my senior year, here in California. Both of my parents recently got jobs offers to work with the same hospital. Having surgeons as parents may seem great and all but...they're doctors, that means they're rarely home.

It doesn't bother me much because I would always have friends over or have secret parties..but now that I'm new, I don't know a single person. 

It's 6:30 am, time to get ready for school.

I jumped in the shower, washed my long brown hair, shaved my legs and hopped out.

I dried myself off and wrapped a towel around my petite body, leaving my hair damp.

As I made my way to my walk-in closet, I thought today is a good day for makeup, being new and all.

I sat down in front of my body length mirror and turned on my curling wand.

Quickly, I applied charcoal eyeliner and black mascara, which made my ocean blue eyes pop. I've never been one to go all out on my makeup. Honestly I'm not very good at it.

Since I wanted my hair to dry a little more, I got up and grabbed my navy blue sundress along with my black sandals.

Looking in the mirror, I thought it fit me perfectly. Ever since I lost 20 lbs and weighed an ideal weight of 135lbs, I've gained so much more self esteem. Working out was never my thing but recently it's a way of relieving stress. Especially moving to this town I've never heard of.

I grabbed my curling wand and lightly curled my hair, giving it a natural beach wave. I stare at my hair in the mirror and try to imagine myself as a blonde, but I've never dyed my hair before and I'm nervous too. Maybe these new beginnings will convince me otherwise. 

The alarm begin to go off on white iPhone, indicating I needed to head downstairs to get ready to leave.

I grabbed my keys off the counter and decided to skip breakfast since I was already nervous as hell.

"Jessamine, aren't you going to eat breakfast? I made you some toast!" My beaming mother questioned.

"No thanks, mom." I replied with a smile.

"Okay then. Have fun, your father and I won't be home until late so I left money in case you wanted to go buy dinner."

I nodded and began to walk out the front door, "Love you!" I said as I shut the door behind me.

It was almost 7:45 and I cursed under my breath, since I knew I'd probably be late. Not how I wanted to start my first day. I planned to get there early so I wouldn't have to awkwardly find a seat in the few empty chairs left.

The motor to my white Honda Civic came alive as I turn the key foward. I spent all summer saving up for my car. My parents don't spoil me in any ridiculous way and I feel that it's quite accomplishing. I liked having a job back at my previous home but my parents and I made an agreement that I didn't have to work this year if I didn't want to. I needed to get my grades up to get prepared for college. 

Quickly but carefully, I backed out and sped to my new highschool.

~~~~

It was so much different than back in New Jersey. People dressed lightly because of the high temperatures and it will take some adjusting.

Most people had light hair and tan skin, as do I.

Hamminton High School was just like the rest of them, group wise.

You have your jocks, preps, normal, nerds, and just plain out weirdos.

What I wasn't used to acknowledging was the "bad" group.

There was only five of them, standing off in the corner of the brick building.  All of them had some type of tattoos on their toned bodies. Two of them had cigarettes lit in their hands, offering another fresh one to another.

All of them said yes except one boy in particular. Probably because he was too busy staring me down.

His messy brown curls sat on his head effortlessly. He had a muscular body which showed through his white t-shirt. I couldn't see the color of his eyes due to the black raybans covering them.

I guess he noticed me, noticing him, as a smirk appeared on his face.

I quickly turned away, trying not to get involved.

My legs began to walk faster and before I knew it, I was safely indoors, away from him.

Thank god.

Something about him sent chills up my spine, and made me feel afraid.

But he also made me a bit curious.

~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm not sure if you will get this notification. I'M REWRITING (kinda) DML. I'm going through the chapters and editing/adding new details. I didn't want to start completely over so hopefully you guys can follow along with my updates. After all, it's been 4 damn years so I think we all need a refresher on this story LOL. Comment if you see this and are excited for more!!!

PS I will be changing my username at some point as well

<3 you guys