Chapter 18

~~~~~

For the rest of the afternoon Harry stayed over with me. My mother made us lunch while I introduced Harry to my grandmother. Other than the tattoos, she loved him.

"Lets go visit your dad." Harry suggested as we sat on the couch.

"You would go with me?" I asked.

"Of course, I'll even drive you there. Maybe even buy you dinner..." He said leaning in kisses me slowly.

I heard a noise behind, which turned out to be my mother.

"Jessamine not in my house!" She practically freaked.

We quickly unlocked lips as I turned a shade of red and Harry giggled.

"Sorry." He said, scratching the back of his head.

"I like you Harry, don't give me a reason not to." She said harshly and left the room.

"Sorry, she's been really stressed." I said looking at Harry.

"It's fine, really." He replied.

"Lets go." He said taking my hand.

Just before we got out the door, my mother caught us.

"Where are you two going?" She asked.

"To dinner." I lied. I wasn't allowed to visit my father until he was conscious. Some stupid rule she made up. She didn't want me to remember him in that condition if anything were to happen.

"Be good." She said, handing me a credit card.

"I got it Mrs. Taylor." Harry said waving it away.

"No Harry, let me. You've been good support for my daughter for the past two days." She replied with a smirk.

"Thanks." He said back, pulling my hand and leading me to his range rover.

--------

We parked in the hospital parking lot and as always, Harry opened the passenger door for me.

He closed it behind me and grabbed my hand, pulling me to his side and wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"It's okay, Jessamine, stop shaking." he said rubbing up and down my arm.

I hadn't realized it until he mentioned it.

We walked up to the counter with a familiar face smiling at us.

"Your father is stable today but still unconscious. Do you still want to see him?" She asked looking from me to Harry.

I looked up at Harry, who towered over my by half a foot. His eyes met with mine and nodded.

"Okay this way," she said to me.

Once we got to the doors she stopped us. "Family only." She said looking at Harry.

"He's is family..." I lied. She looked at us, knowing we weren't but let us through anyway.

She lead us to a room in the ICU and quietly opened the door.

I quickly walked in, Harry holding on tightly to my hand. There laid my father with oxygen hooked up to his nose and a large bandage around his chest area.

The shock of it didn't hit me until I saw him laying there, unsure if he could hear me or not.

I broke down.

The man who raised me, took care of me, protected me, is now in the most fragile state possible.

I collapsed in tears as Harry fought to keep me standing. He wrapped his arms around me, holding my head to his chest as I drained my emotions.

We stood in silence as he kept me close, attempting to comfort me.

I eventually broke away and looked at Harry before taking a seat beside my father.

I propped my elbow on the edge of his bed and held up my head with one arm.

"Daddy, it's me- Jessamine." I said holding back tears. "I'm not sure if you can hear me....but I'm here. I'm not suppose to be her, mom would rather me not see you until she knows your conscious. Your my father, I'll do whatever it takes to see you."

At this point tears streamed down my face, Harry came beside me and pulled up and chair, rubbing circles in my back.

"Harry brought me here. I know I'm defying mom but you'll understand. Harry's been my only support system for the past two days...he's the best friend I could ask for right now. Hopefully you know that.

I said, looking at Harry while he gave a short smile.

I looked back to my dad, choking on tears I said, "I just need to know who did this. Why they did it. Why they desire to see you in pain, see me in pain."

I looked at Harry. "I can't do this,"

"We can come back later, you don't need to right now." He replied, holding and rubbing the back of my hand.

I nodded at him, tears stained on my cheeks.

Harry stood in the doorway as I bent down and planted a kiss on my fathers forehead.

"I love you, daddy." I said before walking up to Harry and holding his hand.

We walked to the elevator before Harry stopped.

"I'll be right back. Stay here." I commanded me. I'm not sure what he was doing so I decided to sit on the bench beside the elevator.

-----

HARRYS POV

I told Jessamine to stay near the elevator so I could revisit her dad for a second.

He looked terrible, and who knows if something could happen while we were gone, I had to say something.

I walked into the room and shut the door.

"Mr. Taylor, I'm not sure if you can hear me but....I had to say something. If you don't make it to see Jess again....I want you to know I'm here for her, and your wife. I'll do anything it takes to make sure they're safe. Anything." I paused.

"And I will find out who did this too you, they will pay the price."

I said before leaving and reuniting with the most gorgeous girl I have ever met, Jessamine.

~~~~~~

Sorry I don't have time to fix errors this time :)

Do you like this chapter?

COMMENT

VOTE

<33