Chapter 17

~~~~~~~

"Can I help you?" Harry asked viciously, looking at the man in front of us.

The same man from the movie theater.

"Let me speak to the girl." The man demanded, looking past Harry and at me. I cringed looking into his dark blue eyes.

"No." Harry stopped him.

The man opened his jacket to reveal a pistol sitting in a pocket. "Let me speak to her," he demanded once again.

Harry paused for a second, I could see his anger build up. Then, he turned to me. "Do you want to speak to him? If not his ass is-" I stopped him.

"It's fine." I said, shaking as I walked out the door and up to the man.

"Shut the door." He said quietly. I turned around and motioned Harry to shut it, which he hesitantly did.

"What the hell do you want? How did you find me?" I asked scared.

"To answer the second question, I downloaded a tracking app on your phone the day you left it in the movie theater. Simple as that, and I found you." He said.

"You fucking stalker! What do you-" I said before he placed his hand over me mouth. I swatted it away.

"Don't fucking touch me." I spat at him.

"If you want to know what happened to your father, then I suppose you should do whatever I tell you to do." He said, turning his heels and walking away.

----

"He threatened you!?" Harry yelled angrily. "That bitch is dead! Do you hear me Jessamine? He's dead! No one threatens you. No one."

"Harry calm down your giving me anxiety." I said placing my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry." He said, sitting next to me. "But that sick bastard knows something about your dad, something the police don't even know!"

"I realize that, which is why I have to tell them."

"No, you don't."

"Yes I do-"

"No Jessamine. I've been involved in too many things with the police, I don't need more trouble." He said.

"Who said this involved you?" I almost spat at him, not meaning to.

He looked at me as his face sunk. The look was saddening.

"Harry I didn't mean-"

"Save it." He said, getting up and walking out of the condo.

I could hear him start the engine of his car a speed off. Looking out the window, I could see my car was still there but his was long gone. Did I really hurt the bad boys feelings?

I sighed, tears welling up in my eyes, but I fought them back. With everything happening, he still leaves. It amazes me he would do something like that.

---

The clock read 12 pm and Harry has been gone for 4 hours. I've tried texting and calling but no reply.

I grabbed the keys off of the counter and locked his door behind me.

When I turned to walk down the stairs, I noticed a note was stuck to the back of Harry's door.

Peeling it off, I unfolded it and read it.

'Jessamine,

Meet me tonight. 7pm. Velvet diner.

Yours Truly'

I assumed it was the awful man from the movies. The Velvet Diner was a cute little restaurant near the ocean, maybe 5 minutes from Harry's condo.