Chapter 25

I woke up by the bright sunlight shining through my bedroom windows. Damn, I was late for school.

Normally Harry would call me to make sure I was up, but he didn't. Weird.

I frantically got out of bed and dressed in comfortable clothes such as shorts and a flowy shirt with my favorite toms.

Pulling my hair into the perfect messy bun, I brushed my teeth and put on mascara, nearly poking out my eye with the brush.

Hopping down the stairs on my crutches, I noticed my mom wasn't home either which was weird since she normally doesn't leave until I do. Oh well.

Grabbing my car keys I rushed outside and into the drivers seat. I put my crutches into the passenger seat and took off.

Once at school I parked in a different parking spot because mine was taken. A familiar face spotted me as I turned my head to see a blonde headed girl sitting in her car as well.

I turned off my car and got out, taking my crutches with me. The familiar girl came out of her car at the same time.

"Hey Jessamine." She smiling.

"Hey...." I stopped, forgetting her name.

"Melissa," she said finishing my greeting.

"I'm sorry Melissa, it's been rough these past 2 weeks." I said back to her, walking up beside her as we walked toward the entrance.

"No it's fine, I've heard. How are you holding up?" She asked in a friendly tone.

"Pretty good....kind of. My dad finally woke up two nights ago." I said.

"That's awesome!" She said enthusiastically. "So what's up with you and that boy, Harry?" she asked with a wink.

I blushed at her question, clearly giving my feelings away. "uhm you could say we're a lot closer."

"oh ohhh, how close?" she said, making me blush even harder.

"Melissa!" I attempted slapping her jokingly, but nearly fell because I let go of one of my crutches.

Both of us laughed uncontrollably because of how clumsy I am.

By time we made it to the doors, our laughter had quieted down and we made way to the main office to sign in, since we were late.

"Here ladies, sign this and I'll write you a pass to your next classes which start in 5 minutes." The office Lady, Mrs. Lesley, instructed us.

I took the clipboard first and somewhat signed my name while holding my crutches. Melissa also took it and signed it.

"This is yours and this is yours." Mrs. Lesley said, handing us a slip of yellow paper with the reason we were late.

"Thank you." I said, taking it from her and walking out the office doors, along with Melissa.

"I just realized we're going to the same class together. I'll just walk with you." she said cheerfully.

"That'd be great, maybe people will actually leave me alone with the questioning." I said with a small laugh.

"Not so sure of that, you're the talk of the school. Some even rumored that Harry shot you." She said, flipping her straight, blonde hair over her shoulders.

"That's ridiculous! Harry would never-" she cut me off.

"I know, but its just a rumor. It's fine." She said calming my nerves.

-------------------------

The day went on and I didn't get in trouble once in Mr. Blacks class. Wow I hate him.

Still haven't heard from Harry......

I was getting really scared to be honest, since I've met him we haven't gone a day without seeing each other.

As I sat in the seat of my car, I pulled out my phone and sent him a quick text.

To Harry

Haven't heard from you. Hope everything is okay. Text me back please.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket, hoping I would feel it vibrate, which it didn't.

Not until I got home anyway.

I quickly pulled my phone out of my purse and saw Harry's name lit up on the screen.

To Jessamine

Sorry babe. I've been busy. I'll see you tonight. xx

Busy enough to not text me back, at all? That mad me kind of mad really.

I angrily threw my phone into my bag and hopped up my stairs, into my room. Putting on a comfortable pair of sweatpants, I took my medicine and grabbed a bag of chips.

Since I had nothing better to do until my mom came to get me, I decided to watch a movie. Afterward we were going to visit my dad since he's bored as can be in the hospital.

Halfway through the movie I heard the front door open, assuming it was my mom.

"Hey mom!" I yelled from my room.

No response, maybe she didn't hear me.

"Hey mom!" I yelled even louder. This time I heard someone walking up the stairs but no one replied.

I began to get scared and started shaking. What if someone's here to hurt me?

I quickly got off my bed and ran to my closet. My breathing was off balance because of how scared I was.

The sound of my door creaking open along with footsteps made me hold my breath.

It came closer with every step.

"Jessamine?" A familiar raspy voice asked.

"Harry?" I asked, jumping out of my closet.

There he stood, right outside the closet. His puffed up lip indicated it was swollen. His knuckles had small gashes on them, along with a gash just above his right eyebrow.

I walked up to him, grazing my finger over his lip. He flinched under my touch.

"Wha-" he stopped me.

"Don't worry about it." He said harshly, grabbing me into a hug.

"Harry what's wrong?" I asked pulling away from his embrace.

"Nothing. I'm just sorry I ignored you for the past day." He said, taking me in for another hug. This one was stronger and had more emotion in it.

"No really, what's wrong?" I asked looking into his eyes.

"It's my dad." He said sighing. "He came back. God knows how but he found me and started questioning me about where my mom is. He pissed me off and I threw the first punch.....lets just say he's in jail now." He said, I could feel a tear fall onto my shoulder as he dug his face into the crook of my neck.

I knew his dad was a touchy subject, so I just stood there, holding him.

For the big bad boy he is, he does have a heart. It kills me to see him like this.

He pulled away and looked at me.

"I need a cigarette, okay? I'll be back." He said walking downstairs and outside.

~~~~~~~~

IM SORRY this chapter pretty much SUCKED.

So so sooo sorry.

DON'T YOU GUYS LOVE THE NEW COVER? Cuz I do :)

@larry_bearxx designed it!

Don't forget to dm meee :)

Comment•vote•follow