Chapter 26

You guys are the most amazing readers ever, I have not got ONE rude comment on this story. and yes I read ALL of them :)

I also love messaging you guys because you're always so honest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Harry was still outside smoking. I wouldn't doubt it if he smoked 3 cigarettes already.

Since he did have small gashes on him, I went to my moms bathroom and grabbed the first-aid kit. I went downstairs and set it up near the kitchen sink, so I could rinse his face.

The sound of footsteps led into the kitchen a right behind me. "Harry, I got the first aid-" I turned around to see me mother with a worried face.

"What's wrong with Harry?" she asked, setting her purse onto the countertop and facing me with her arms crossed.

"Wha-what do you mean?" I asked, acting like I didn't know. Well, the first-aid kit on the counter didn't help either.

"Well he's on our porch with a gash above his eyebrow and he's talking on the phone." She replied. "What happened?"

The first thing I thought about was to tell a lie. If she knew Harry beat up his own father and put him in jail.......

"Uhm...well....we went to the...skate park...and he fell." I said, stuttering quite a bit.

"On his face?" She asked, half smiling. It probably amused her.

"Yeah...." I agreed with her.

"Okay well I'm taking the night shift tonight which starts in," she paused and looked at her watch. "2 hours."

"But I though we were going to see dad and get dinner?" I asked.

"Well we can still visit him...maybe Harry would like to take you out? He seems to take a lot of interest in you." She stated as she turned her heels and went upstairs.

Moments later Harry came strolling in.

"Here I want to disinfect that gash on your head really quick." I said, making him sit in a chair as I wiped the wound with a wipe.

His eyes never left mine as I pretended I didn't notice him staring at me. Soon enough I looked down to meet his gaze.

Those eyes though.

His hands trailed up the cup my face, bringing me down closer to him. I could feel his breathing on my upper lip as his thumbs grazed my bottom lip. Pulling me in, he kissed me. Not just a little kiss, and not a makeout session. But a cute, passionate kiss.

I pulled away and looked him in the eyes, still inches from his face. "What was that for?" I asked.

He smiled. "For taking care of me."

"I'd do anything for you, Harry." I said honestly.

"Same goes to you, love." he said before giving me another peck with his soft lips.

---------------------------------------------

My mom had twenty minutes before she had too leave and Harry and I were still sitting on the couch, eating popcorn.

"Jess, if you want to go you need to hurry and get ready!" My mom yelled from upstairs.