Chapter 58

2 weeks later

"Jess come downstairs!" My dad yelled from the living room.

I had just gotten so comfortable being lazy in my bed, even though it was only around 6pm.

Both my parents got to leave work early tonight so we could spend time together. I feel like we haven't done anything together since we moved here nearly 5 months ago.

Now that I think of it, it feels like I've lived here for a long time. It shocks me to think that I've only known Harry for just over 4 months.

We've been through so much, it almost doesn't even seem true. It's crazy how things can turn out in such a short period of time.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, throwing a sweatshirt over my tank top and nearly toppling down the stairs.

Socks+slippery stairs+clumsy Jess=no bueno

"Wait wait wait." My mom came into view and held me still. "Cover your eyes."

"Why-"

"Just do it!" She said happily. Oh geez what's happening.

I closed my eyes and my mom took my wrists.

"No peeking." She warned, leading me slowly into the living room, making sure I didn't run into things.

She sat me down onto the couch. "Mom what are you guys doing?" I asked.

I felt something being placed into my lap, it was warm and something pointy was jabbing my leg.

I nearly screamed but immediately feel in love when I opened my eyes.

It was a little blue pit bull puppy, only a few weeks old.

His tag wagged quickly, gorgeous blue eyes looking up at me. I stroked his velvet soft grey fur.

He was the cutest thing I've ever seen.

"Oh my god." I nearly cried happy tears. I've been trying to convince them to get a puppy since way before we even moved.

"Don't thank us." My dad said. I looked up at him confused.

That's when I noticed Harry smirking in the recliner across the room.

You've got to be kidding me.

"Harry you didn't." I questioned him with a huge smile on my face.

"He convinced me to letting him get it for you. You might get a little too lonely with us not being home a lot." My dad gestured to himself and my mom.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I ran over to Harry, with the puppy in my arms. I placed the puppy in Harry's hands and jumped in his lap, hugging him tightly.

"It's whatever." He smiled at me. Oh please Harry.

"It's not whatever, I really really love him." I said looking down at the precious pup who was begging for Harry's attention.

"Make it stop licking me." He groaned, wiping his hands on his jeans after the puppy continuously licked his hands.

"Just pet him!" I encouraged him.
Harry looked at me like I was crazy.
"Once."

"Fine." My mom giggled at Harry's attitude towards a puppy.

His reached up and stroked his head. The puppy assumed he wanted to play, causing him to roll over on his back and nibbling on Harry's finger.

"Ow you little sh-" Harry caught himself and smirked at me.

"You'll be best friends." I laughed at Harry, who was examining his finger. I'll admit this little guy had some sharp teeth.

"So what's his name?" My dad asked me, my mom looking at me also with a smile.

I looked at Harry who was peeking over at me as I still sat in his lap. I also looked at him and cocked my head.

"You name him." I told him.

"No it doesn't work that way. I got him so now you name him." He instructed me, with a smile.

"How about we both name him?" I suggested. I really wanted Harry's input on this.

"Charlie?" He asked. I scrunched my nose in dislike.

"Rocco?" I suggested, he didn't like it.

"Marley."

"Nope."

"Taz."

"No." He stated while still thinking, his fingers on his chin as his tongue grazed his bottom lip.

"I like Sage." He said, looking at me. It's...different. Which basically describes us.

"I like it too." My mom interjected.

I smiled at the two of them and looked down at my new little baby.

"Do you like that name?" I giggled.

"Jess he's a dog." Harry whined.

"Who's a cute boy, Sage?" I cooed to him, pinching his cheek.

He made a little grunting noise and went back to pulling on Harry's shirt with his teeth.

"He's annoying." Harry pushed him back gently.

"He's a puppy he can't help it." I defended little Sage.

"Let's all go get something to eat." My dad announced, clapping his hands together.

"Well let me get dressed." I said frantically, making sure Harry had ahold if Sage before I jumped up.

"Take care of my baby." I smiled at Harry.

"Yeah, yeah" he waved me off. I knew he secretly had a soft spot forming for him already.

I smiled all the way to my room. Harry has become such a good boyfriend, I really hope it stays this good for a while.

Pulling my hair down, I threw on loose black shirt and white denim shorts. I couldn't wait for cooler weather.

I grabbed my wristlet and phone, heading back downstairs all within 5 minutes.

Harry was leaning back on the recliner with Sage laying on his chest fast asleep. This has got to be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

I whipped out my phone a snapped a picture just before he noticed. Smiling down at the picture, I saved it as my lockscreen.

Harry's body on an inclined, his eyes staring off. Sage was curled up in a ball huddled up to Harrys chest.

"Never again." Harry warned me, pointing a finger at me.

He quickly picked Sage up and put him in my arms, still sleeping.

"The cage is by the front door." He instructed me.

I peeked around the corner and saw the black cage sitting there. Looking back at Harry, I leaned up and kissed him softly.

"Thank you." I whispered.

He smiled back at me. "One more and were even."

I giggled, planting a kiss once again on his lips. His hand gripped the back of my neck, pulling me closer.

Someone cleared their throat and I looked up to see my dad wiping his mouth awkwardly.

"Let's go." He said plainly, walking for to front door along side my mother.

Harry smirked at me before placing his hand on my back, leading me to the door.

I kneeled down and gently placed Sage into his cage, he stretched a little bit but didn't wake up.

I know Harry's going to fall in love with him.

We made our way to the cars, Harry refusing to go anywhere without his prized possession.

As we followed my parents to where ever they had decided on going, I could hear Ed Sheerans "Drunk" playing on the radio.

I turned it up, curious to what the lyrics were saying.

'I wanna be drunk when I wake up,
on the right side of the wrong bed...'

Harry's fingers quickly fumbled with the buttons, pressing another random radio station.

Although we've nearly completely resolved the whole bad situation we were in 2 weeks ago, he still acts funny every so often. It kinda of worries me.

I scrunched my face, not enjoying the random station he chose. Half the songs I've never even heard.

There was one I particularly liked which was "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon.

Harry seemed to like the rhythm of it as well, bobbing his head up and down ever so slightly.

'You know that I could use somebody,
You know that I could use somebody...'

He sang, then drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. He whipped his head toward me dramatically before singing,

'Someone like you'

A smile plastered on my face, making Harry's dimple cave into his face.

Sometimes he was just the most precious thing, other times you want to smash his fucking face in.

Maybe that's why our relationship can be so overly complicated.

~~~~~~~~~~

Filler chapter, but yay puppy!

Btw blue pit bulls aren't actually blue, theyre grey :)

Sorry I've been so super busy this week but I felt like I owed you guys at least something for getting this story almost 9.8 million reads!

Can't thank you guys enough, I appreciate every single one if you❤️