Chapter 23

I was woken up by the noise of the front door opening, my mother must be home. Looking over at the time, it was nearly 2am. Why was she gone that long?

I looked over to see Harry, completely naked but covered from waist down my a thin white sheet. A faded smile was plastered on his face as he slept quietly. He must've had fun.

Remembering my mother would be up here to check on me any second, I quickly shook Harry, "Harry, Harry." I whispered/shouted. The only response I got were annoyed moans and hmms.

"Harry my mom is walking up the stairs and you're completely naked!"

That got his attention. He frantically pulled his boxers over his waist and ran to my closet, shutting the doors behind him.

Lucky I was able to pull the sheet back up to make it seem more reasonable that one person was sleeping here.

I laid my head back onto my pillow, pretending to be asleep. My door creaked open and there stood my mother. I moved a bit to make it seem like she had woken me up.

"Sorry sweetie, I didn't mean to wake you." she said, approaching me and sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Its fine, I can hardly sleep anyway." I replied, pointing to my casted leg.

"Did you take your medicine?" she asked.

"Yeah when I got home, I'll take more in the morning. Speaking of morning, why home so late?" I asked curiously.

She was silent for a few seconds and sighed. "You're father woke up, Jess."

As soon as she announced that, I began crying happy tears. My mother leaned over as we held each other in a strong, loving embrace.

"I wasn't going to tell you until tomorrow after school." She said pulling back and facing me.

Is she serious. Fucking school.

"ughhhhh." I sighed.

"I'm sorry but you've missed too many days already." she said rubbing my arm.

"I have a lot of catching up to do I guess." I said, laying back down.

"You do. I guess I'll let you sleep. Goodnight, Jessamine." She said, getting up and standing in my doorway.

"I love you." she said smiling.

"Love you too, mom." I said. With that, she left my room and shut the door behind her.

I hopped out of my bed, literally hopped, and locked my door behind her. Harry opened up the closet door with a smile on his face.

I wobbled over to him and held him in a tight hug, happy tears falling once again.

"I told you everything would work out." He said, kissing my head.

"It sure did." I said looking up at him. He leaned down and planted a soft his to my lips.

"Get some sleep, I'll see you tomorrow." He said, putting on all his clothes and opening my window.

"Be careful climbing down." I said as he grabbed onto the tree branch and climbed down.

Once as the bottom he looked up, the moon light shining in his perfect green eyes, he blew me a kiss.

I pretended to catch it and put it into my pajama pockets.

"Saving it for later." I mouthed to him, earning a smirk on his lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 updates in one night? I feel accomplished :)

Yay her dad is alive and well!

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU GUYS!