Chapter 67

Jessamine's POV

"What?" I snapped at him, his features stiffened as he began thinking, he look at me with a stern look.

"Don't get angry." Was the first thing that came out of his mouth and as soon as it did, I wanted to just turn around and leave.

But I just couldn't, it's like I'm too weak to leave him. I'd feel helpless and that's the only reason I'm still sitting inches away from him.

I noticed that he must've gotten cold on the hardwood floor, he has his grey hoodie over his tank top. God I love the smell of that hoodie...because it smells like him of course. A smell that could never be replaced.

I took in a deep breath and looked at him hesitantly before nodding my head to make him continue.

He seemed lost at words, nothing was coming out of his mouth.

I came to an awfully quick conclusion that something indeed went on between them, while I was the one sleeping in his fucking home.

"You had sex with her didn't you." I said as more of a statement than a question.

"No! No....." He said the last word quietly. "I'm so sorry but I think...I think we kissed. That's it."

He knelled in front of my legs and held onto my knees for support, earning my full attention.

"That's it." He repeated.

My heart sunk in my chest at the thought of him even being near her. It seemed as if though I were...jealous. In all honestly she had the looks to catch any guys attention...the wrong guys attention obviously.

She may be this awful whore in my mind, but in reality she was good at getting what she wanted, I could see it in the way she carried herself.

No afraid of anything.

Not me. What am I not afraid of anymore?

For god's sake, there's a 'rapist' out there somewhere, most likely looking for when I'm most vunerable.

The best time to find me vunerable would be now, if I were to just walk out of here.

After all this time thinking, his deep green eyes traced over my face, as if he were watching my thoughts.

I felt as if those I was mesmerized by his gorgeous eyes, but I needed to snap back into reality.

I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth and with shaky breath I told him exactly what I never wanted to say.

"I think we need a break." His grip stiffened on my knees as he looked at me sympathetically.

"No, no we don't. It was a mistake-"

"A mistake you promised never to do again." I corrected him, which he never seemed to like.

"I realize that."

"Obviously you don't. I'm being serious." I pushed his argument but he didn't budge.

"I need time for myself and with my family, right now I don't need someone I can't trust." My words seemed to have a huge effect on him, as if he handed me a gun and I pulled the trigger.

"Jessamine, you know you can trust me, so don't pull that shit on me." He fired back.

"I don't think I'm up to date on your version of 'trust' then."

"It's never changed." He shook his head.

"I'm leaving." I peeled his hands off of me, his warm hands leaving, making my skin ice cold. "Am I'm taking the dog."

I walked over, lifting the dog cage with Sage inside and walking for the door. The door that has held nothing but bad memories in my mind.

"Not sure if I can trust you with him." I mentally applauded myself, leaving him standing there as if he were stranded.

-----------

"Okay class, you have 10 minutes left, you can talk amongst yourselves." Mr Blacks finally announced.

It's obvious he still doesn't care for me because of my previous behavior but it doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is that Harry is in the back by himself, staring at absolutely nothing.

He hasn't said a word to me, didn't even call me when I left him yesterday. Anything could've happened and he wouldn't even know.

Thankfully Melissa was caring enough to take me home while my parents worked until nearly 9pm.

Being alone in our house gives me quite the anxiety but the amount of security we have now makes me a little more comfortable.

But even when I walk outside with Sage, who is doing great at potty training, I feel constantly watched.

It might just be in my head but I just have this feeling that scares me too death.

The police haven't traced anything from Alan in the past 2 days and it's making me uneasy.

"Jessamine!" Melissa snapped in my face to get my attention, apparently I was staring at him without even realizing it...

"Thanks." I mutter, she knows all about my issues with Harry right now. I hope I'm not the only who sees that we need a break.

"If you ask me, he looks like he didn't get much sleep." She smiled, her perfect white smile plastered onto her face. Sometimes I was very jealous of her beauty.

"Yeah, well." I pretended to flip through the pages of my journal as he looked in my direction.

These journals seemed pretty interesting in my opinion, obviously not to Harry but the way he complained to himself in the back.

Mr Black would give us a sheet of quotes for each day, and we would interpret our thoughts/connections to them in our journals. I liked it because no one but yourself was allowed to read it.

We only started these today but I was almost excited to get ahead. What is wrong with me?

"Hey so what are your plans after school?" She asked me. I just shrugged. I can't seem to do much anymore...

"Don't tell me your just going to sit in your room and pity yourself all night. Trust me I've been there." She smirked, making me half smile as well.

"I don't know.."

"Actually I'm not giving you a choice. I'm coming to get you tonight at 6 and we're getting dinner together." How did I get lucky enough to have her as my best friend, well, my only friend. Other than... you know.

"If I can wear this." I motioned to my outfit which was a light purple sweater with jeans and a pair of toms. Nothing crazy.

She gave me an indecisive look before giving in. "Fine."

"There's no catch-" The bell rang inbetween my sentence. "to this right?" I knew her all too well, and she always had a way of not telling you the whole story.

"Gotta go." She smiled and ran out, leaving me sitting there. I decided to watch everyone exit the room in a mass so I wouldn't have to deal with it.

Harry was nearly the last person out, since he had gone up to Mr. Black and started complaining about the journals.

"I don't have time for this." Harry motioned to his new journal which we were assigned to get a few days ago. He must've just gotten it because I hadn't seen it before.

It was black leather, with a silver clip to hold it together. It surely seemed to his taste.

"I know that nobody wants to do it, but trust me, it helps you reflect on a lot of things. I promise it's only for your benefit." Mr. Black was stern with him.

"This is the stupidest sh- whatever." He stopped arguing, probably because he could sense my presence as I walked a little closer to them, but not too far away.

"I think it's a good idea." I nodded to Mr. Black, Harry's eye sending daggers at me.

"Someone understands." He applauded and motioned to me.

Without anything else, I strolled out of the room, so many faces passing me that I've never seemed to notice.

Maybe it's a good thing I'm taking time away from the only person I seemed to spend my time with.

-----------------

The day passed by quickly, I was already pulling into my driveway. Poor Sage has been inside all day and I'm hoping he used to training pads instead of my wooden floor.

Unlocking the door, I could hear him whining for me upstairs, making me smile and rush up stairs. I nearly tripped myself.

I've only had him for a few days and he still keeps my smiling. His precious little whiskers would brush my cheek as he would bounce around in my arms. (They have small whiskers in case you didn't know)

I rewarded him with a treat when I realized he had used the training pads and not my floor. He would've been in so much trouble.

Looking at the clock, it was only 3:30 and I didn't have anything to do. Anything involving leaving the house wasn't a great idea, and neither was inviting anyone over.

So instead I sprawled out on my bed, Sage curling up beside me and yelping as he yawned. Puppy yawn are the cutest though.

Every time I looked at him, I thought of Harry. especially that time they lay on the recliner together. I remembered the picture I took of them and pulled out my phone, scrolling to it.

Right before I could click on it, Melissa's name lit up the screen.

"Hello?" Her voice came through.

"Hey." I said as cheerfully as possible.

"Change of plans."

"Great." I muttered under my breath, she's up to no good I can feel it.

"So this group of guys invited us to meet them for dinner, are you cool with that?" She asked as if she were holding her breath for an answer.

"Uh I don't know if that's a good idea right now." Harry's image popped into my mind.

"Hell get over it. Pleaseee. I promise they are completely worth it." I could hear her smile through the phone.

"Attractive?" I smiled, laughing at her.

"Duh!" She declared.

"Well I'm not so interested but..."

"If this is because he wouldn't let you, you need to check yourself." She scolded me. And she was right.

"But I'll still go, for you." I added.

"You are the. best."

"Mhmmm."

"So I'll be there a little sooner, so be ready!" andddd she hung up.

I couldn't imagine Harry knowing just the two of us were going with a bunch of guys. He would completely flip.

But you know what, I shouldn't depend on him. I'll be fine.

It's not like I'm searching for another guy, were just staying away from each other.

But if he can't trust me, I definitely can't trust him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm seriously so upset I haven't updated for you wonderful people in so long, I've had exams all week!

And don't give up on this story just yet, I still have a bunch of good ideas for the future, this is just the start.

& Happy Holidays!😘 my love for you guys is indescribable.

Twitter- @ashtonstryhard
IG- @twerkinstyles

[theres also Jess and Harry accounts
@jessaminedml and @harrydml
but I do not own either of them]