Chapter 71

"No, get out of here Jessamine it's not safe-"

"Stop telling me what to do okay? He's my friend too and WE are not leaving without them. Got it?" The harsh tone of my voice set him back, people pushing past us as yelling came from the unknown intruder.

"Let's go." He gripped my arm and began to run in the direction of where Niall and Louis were supposedly hidden.

Several of the classrooms were empty, others baracated shut with desks and shelves. By now the majority of the students who had fled were out of the building.

We came closer to the loud noise of a room being destructed, desks being pushed around and things being pushed over. We immediately looked at each other and went slightly pale, I could feel myself beginning to shake with fear.

Harry looked at me and pointed toward a custodian closet where they were in. God I pray that Niall is going to be okay, even if I'm uncertain of his injury.

He quickly made sure i was at his side as we dashed toward the door, not sure whether we had been spotted or not.

"Let us the fuck in Louis!" Harry demanded in a low voice, becoming very audiable now that half of the school was out of the building.

The door cracked open and I was the first to be pushed inside to not-so-roomy closet, Harry close behind as he quietly shut the door.

On the floor lay Niall, holding his lower stomach which seemed to be gushing with blood. Holding back the whimper which escaped my mouth was impossible.

I dropped beside him and Louis, who's face was the most pale I've ever seen.

"Did you see who it was Louis? That motherfu-" Harry's rage began to build up as he watched my eyes start to tear up from below.

"Guys I'll be okay." Niall stated in the most unconvincable tone, he groaned as he tried to move over to leave room for me.

"No no no don't move." I lightly gripped his shoulder and stared down at the wound.

Behind us there were a few towels which I used to cover his stomach with, the sight of blood once again nearly making me dizzy.

Chaos is all too familiar to me.

"Did you call an ambulence or something?" Harry was panicking at this point, both Louis and I too scared to even think straight.

Louis pulled his phone out of his pocket, fumbling with it in the process. "I don't have signal dammit!" and with that his phone was thrown onto the floor in frustration.

As it turns out, none of our phones had signal in this god forsaken closet.

Once again the sound of the gun going off. This time for what seemed like forever.

We all grew quiet.

"Where is she?" The voice roared not too far away from where we were hidden

"I don't know, I saw her earlier today but-" A frantic girl stuttered back in fear.

I looked at Harry who's face was hard as stone, looking down at the ground. We all knew what was coming once we heard the gun go off once more.

All the muscles in my body went weak. Had I known who this girl was? Did I randomly walk past her in the hallway one day on my way to english? Have we ever had an actual conversation?

All these thoughts race through your mind in times like this.

You never know what you have until it's gone.

I didn't even realize I had slid down onto the ground until I turned to see Harry sitting beside me, his eyes watching me.

"Don't be scared." It was silent but only i could make out his whispered words.