Chapter 14

Am I the only one who is confused on why people keep saying its "Sean" or "Zayn" who shot her dad? hahaha wrong fanfic babes :)

~~~~~~

The ride to the hospital felt like forever. It was completely silent except for my sniffles and sudden rain that began to fall. It was a gloomy day.

Harry would look over at me every once in a while, I'm not sure why. The feeling of him there, comforting me, made me fall for him even more. We've only known each other for a few days, but I feel like we've known each other forever.

I looked up to see Harry parked outside of the E.R. and him holding the door open for me.

As I hopped out, my legs felt like jelly. I was continuously shaking. My dad living was the only thing on my mind.

We rushed to the lady at the desk and asked where we could find him.

"First and Last Name of the patient?" she asked sweetly, realizing the state I was in.

"Brian Taylor." I stated quietly.

"He's not stable right now, they can't accept visitors."

"But-but I'm his daughter, you have to!" I grew angry. They can't keep me from seeing him.

The lady shook her head. "I'm sorry miss, I'll let you know as soon as he is stable."

"No no no," I continued. Harry restrained me by my waist.

"Jessamine, lets sit in the waiting room. I'll get you some coffee." Harry whispered in my ear. It felt comforting.

I nodded my head in agreement as he took my hand and led me to a seat.

"I'll be right back, and quit stressing out. I hate seeing you like this." he said quietly before kissing my hand and walking away.

It was worse with Harry not around to keep my mind off of what's happening. I was almost scared of what would happen if harry found this person. He's capable of doing some serious damage, I've witnessed it.

Within seconds Harry came running back with two coffees in hand.

"I didn't know what creamer you like so I chose Hazelnut..." he said unsure.

I graciously took it from him. "Thanks,...hazelnuts my favorite." I said with a small smile.

"That means I gain points then." he said, attempting to make me smile slightly.

He sat down beside me and put his arm around me, comforting. I took a sip of the coffee which seemed to calm me down slightly.

"So...lets play 20 questions. You first." Harry said smiling.

"Really?" I asked, why now?

"Well it'll keep your mind off of it for a little. Go." He replied.

"Uhm..favorite drink?" I asked, clearly annoyed.

"Coke, you?"

"Same." I said smiling. "Your turn."

"Favorite color?"

"Mint green, you?"

"I'd have to say black." he replied.

"So 'dark' and 'mysterious'" I said with a smirk. "But I like it." I whispered in his ear.

I could feel his grip on me tense up, I enjoyed making him feel like this.

----

We did this for a few hours, simply enjoying each others company. Harry was right, it kept my mind off of things, and I learned a lot about him in the process.

His dad was abusive to his mother, which made him the way he is now. Protective and violent.

One day he got so tired of his dads shit, he beat the hell out of him. This was only a few months ago.

Harry is 18 an decided to live on his own, where he gets money from? I'm still not sure.

It made me feel...bad for him. I felt like he deserved all the love and support his parents were unable to give him.

I felt like that was my new job, and I didn't mind.

----

The lady from the counter kindly asked me over to the counter.

"Miss Taylor, your father is still unstable and in critical condition. We still can't provide the outcome, but you'll have to come back tomorrow." She said.

I sighed and turned around to see Harry. He pulled me into a loving hug.

"It'll all work out, be patient." He said as he kissed my forehead.

"Lets go." Harry said, tugging on my hand.

We walked to my car and got inside.

"Would you like to come to my house? Please?" He begged.

I thought for a second before caving in. "I guess for a little while, I can't just leave my mom home." I replied.

"Understandable." He said smiling as he started the engine.

~~~~~

The longest chapter I've written so far, I hope you enjoyed :)

100,000 READS! Thank you!

COMMENT

VOTE