Chapter 53

"Why are you leaving so soon?" He asked me, my mom had called and offered to pick me up from Harry's but I declined.

"Because my mom wants to have dinner with me." I replied, grabbing my phone off the counter.

"Well so do I." He interjected.

"I'm sure she won't mind if you join."

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Of course, she likes you." I giggled.

He gave me a half smile before walking down to his room. Moments later he came out, dressing in black pants instead of his sweatpants.

"Can't you wear something that's, I don't know, not black?" I asked sarcastically with a smile.

"Shutup." He replied with no emotion. Ouch that was kind of rude.

He kept patting his pockets in search for something. "Where is my god damn phone?"

"I don't know but we need to leave now, you'll live without it." I told him, grabbing his wrist and pulling him to the door.

"My keys would be nice." He said, pulling from my grip and sliding the keys off of the side table.

His hands lightly sat on my waist as he locked the door and led me to the elevator.

The doors shut, the whole 20 seconds down was completely odd, I could feel it.

With a familiar ding, the doors opened in front of us, Harry letting me walk out first.

As we walked to the car, it was completely silent. Only the sound of other cars coming and going.

We both got into the car and he started it, putting the AC on full blast. It was nearly 95 degrees outside.

When I looked over he was searching through all compartments of his car and even in his seat.

"I guess I lost my phone." He sighed.

"It's okay you'll find it." I patted his shoulder.

He looked at me and started to smile deviously.
What the hell.

"What?" I said in a high pitch voice.

"You have it don't you."

"No I don't." I defended. I really didn't have it.

"Let me see your pockets." his smirk disappeared.

"Why? I don't have it."

"Just let me see." He continued.

I sat up and showed him my pockets.

"What is this?" He slipped my phone out of my back pocket.

"My-" oh shit thats his phone. I could've sworn it was mine when I got it off the counter.

He looked at me with dark eyes, anger clearly shown. Throwing it into the back, he jerked the car into reverse.

"Harry I swear I thought it was mine." I defended.

"liar." He huffed, speeding backward and racing out of the condo parking area.

"I swear!" I said, getting annoyed.

"Don't lie to me, you're obviously fucking nosey." He yelled back, gripping tightly to the steering wheel, like he has done many times before.

"I did not!" I yelled back, turning my body to him. "Why are you hiding something?"

He looked at me for a split second.
"No!"

"Don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying? If you wanted to look you could just ask instead of stealing it." He emphasized on 'stealing'.

I scoffed at him. "Then where is my phone?"

"I don't fucking know." He threw a hand up.

I became upset with him, think I'd steal something from him. He should know me better.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, not meaning it. I just wanted to stop arguing for once.

He didn't say much after that, only turned up the music louder.

The whole way to my house he complained about every little thing. Traffic, pedestrians, traffic lights.

"What's wrong with you today?"

"What?" He asked.

"You're so like, moody." I smiled at my choice of words.

"I don't know, just nerves I guess." His eyes kept looking ahead as we neared my house.

"Nerves from what?"

"Everything."

-----------

"What a gentleman." My mom complimented Harry as he opened the door for the both of us. We decided on Mexican food since I had a strong craving for it.

He smiled at her, and looked at me. I could tell that it was fake by his eyes.

"Table for 3." She instructed the hostess.

"What about dad?" I asked her, Harry now standing behind me, scanning the restaurant.

"He had new patients come in later today so he won't make it." She sighed. I knew how worried she's been about him lately.

"Right this way." A short dark haired girl pointed to our table. She had a cute little Spanish accent to her voice.

I motioned Harry to slide into the booth first but he refused and made me go in first, my mom sitting opposite from us. She let out a small laugh.

"What?" I asked, propping up my menu in front of me.

"Oh nothing." She smiled, looking down and not at us.

Harry looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows. I shrugged and continued seeking through the menu.

"I'm really wanting some nachos. Share them with me?" He asked looking slightly down at me.

"Sure. But that's not all I'm getting." I laughed at myself. You can never have enough food.

"Of course it's not." He smiled. I wish he would smile all the time, his dimples were the cutest.

"Drinks?" The small waitress asked us.

"Hmm sweet tea without ice?" I told her.

"No ice?" Harry questioned me.

"Yeah...problem?" I defended.

"No, no. I'll take a sweet tea. With ice." He emphasized.

She laughed at our little dispute.

"Water for me." My mom smiled at her.

"I'll be right back." She confirmed and walked away.

"Why don't you like ice?" Harry asked, making my mom chuckle. He just couldn't let it go which I found amusing.

"I don't like it melting in my drinks."

"Oh well that's...odd." he smiled.

"See you learned something." I smiled back at him.

"Yeah." He nodded. "I learned how much weirder you are."

"Ha-ha." I said sarcastically, leaning my head on his shoulder.

Everything seemed to be getting better again.

Our waitress came back around the corner and set our drinks in front of us. She pulled out a notepad and a pen.

"What would you guys like today?" She said, her faint Spanish accent still audible.

"2 tacos." My mom chirped up.

"Erm, some nachos." Harry said awkwardly, I laughed at him.

He looked at me and placed his hand on my thigh. Oh she asked what I wanted.

"A chicken quesadilla please." I blushed when she noticed Harry's hand on me. Thankful my mom couldn't tell by the way he was sitting.

"Okay it'll be out shortly." She said with a click of her pen and strolled away.

I took a sip of my ice less tea and leaned against the wall.

My mom was looking up at us and spoke up.

"So Harry, do you work at all?" She asked nervously. I knew his appearance still threw her off a bit but I'm glad she liked him.

"Uh yeah, I kinda work at the gym." He replied. "Boxing. That kind of thing." He grabbed his drink.

"That's cool." She seemed pretty interested which surprised me. "So do you like, train people?"

"Exactly." He said inbetween sips. "I like it."

"Do you have scheduled matches? Maybe we could come sometime." She offered. I haven't even thought to go see him at a match.

"Not often. But I can let you know." Harry replied.

"I didn't know you had scheduled fights." I spoke to him.

"Not really. Once in a blue moon. Maybe if one of my fighters chicken out I'll take their spot."

My mom and I laughed.

"People actually chicken out and leave?" My mom asked, still laughing.

"Sometimes. They don't come back either because they know how pissed I'd be." He smiled.

Some people there really aren't too find of him, it's actually quite funny.

-------

"Thank you." Harry quietly thanked my mother after she had refused to let Harry pay for our dinner. I thought they were going to actually start yelling at each other about it, but I stopped him by placing my hand on his thigh.

My mom nodded her head as she collected her purse. "Let's go then." she smiled.

We walked outside to our cars, my mom parked a few spaces down from Harry.

"It was nice to see you." My mom said. By the way she stood she didn't know whether to hug him or not. She must've decided against it.

"You too. Thanks for dinner." He said, looking at the ground. Odd.

"Meet me at the car." She said to me and walked in the direction of her car.

I watched Harry look at the ground and kick a small pebble.

"If something's bothering you, you can tell me." I said quietly.

He shook his head, not looking at me. "Nothing's wrong." his mouth turned into a frown.

"Then look at me." I said to him, crossing my arms.

He looked up at me, his face was emotionless, but his eyes made him guilty.

"Why the fuck do you keep insisting that there's something wrong." He asked.

"I...I don't know." I said quietly.

Awkward silence surrounded us, only the faint sound of cars passing in the road nearby.

I looked up at him. "I'm here to talk if you need me." I meant it. I couldn't imagine him going through some type of depression or anything.

He stayed quiet, I turned to walk towards where my mom sat, waiting for me. His fingers wrapped around my arm, pulling me to him.

"Look, I can't go home alone wondering if you'll ever forgive me or not. I'll go fucking crazy." He said stumbling on his words.

"I can't just-"

"Please." He huffed.

I stood with my arms crossed, looking everywhere but at him.

"Tell me that there's nothing on your phone that you didn't want me to see."

"What?" He spat.

"You seemed so defensive about it, just let me know." He stayed quiet.

"Let me see it."

"What-"

"Let me see it." I held out my hand.

He sighed hard as he pulled it out his back pocket and slapped it into my hand.

I unlocked it, going straight to his messages.

Who the fuck is Samantha.

And why the FUCK is she sending him pictures.

~~~~~~~~

Comment your thoughts.

Just do it.

WOOOO 8.1 MILLION READS