Chapter 62

M-Melissa?

My eyes widened and tears fell down. "Hi there, Sky," she smiled at me. I gasped.

"Melissa.....?" I gulped. She chuckled. "The one and only."

"But..... if you're here.... does that mean I'm..."

"Of course not, Sky. You're not ready. This isn't your time. Not yet." she said. "Then.... how do you explain this?"

"You're in a coma. And if you don't wake up soon, everyone's gonna think you're dead." she mocked.

I gasped. "I-I'm in a coma,"

"It's better than being dead. But still, it's serious." stated Melissa. "What happened to.... Gretchen," I murmured. "You saved her," she said, "You sacrificed yourself over your sister. And I respect that."

"So, she's back?" I questioned. Melissa gave me a nod. I sighed in relief. "Thank God."

"Are you up for some memories? Throwbacks?" Melissa grinned at me. "Sure," I smiled back. "Follow me," she demanded as she put her flute away, walking deep into the forest as I followed her.

"Remember this?"

"Melissa, when I grow up, I'm gonna be a superhero!" I cheered. "Come on, Sky. We're in ninth grade, are you still on with that?" Melissa laughed. "Yes, I do! I'm gonna wear a red cape and fly away and boom," I stated.

"You're crazy," she remarked. "Pffft, I already know that,"

"Hey, Sky. Where are you going after middle school?"

"White Mountain High. What about you?"

"Oh, my gosh! Me too!" she giggled. "Yay! We're gonna be together again!"

"What do you mean 'again'? We've always been together, silly,"

"Oh.... right,"

......

"Of course I remember that,..... silly," I laughed.

"Funny how you've always dreamed of being a superhero. And, look at you now," Melissa laughed.

"Oh, what about that time we had to participate on a play, just because it was our eighth grade graduation," I asked.

"The Romeo and Juliet one?" Melissa tilted her head. I nodded. "And guess who were playing those characters,"

"Adalia played Juliet and Spencer played Romeo. The usual," she replied.

"But you know the funny part," I said. "The part where I said something wrong and she glared at me. And, just for fun, I kept saying things wrong," I laughed. She laughed as well. "Of course I remember that,"

"Oh oh oh. Remember that time in music class where I got my head stuck in a tuba?"

She started laughing hysterically. "I'll never forget that!,"

Before I could've said something, I felt a pain on my arm, as if something or somebody pinched me. "OW!," I yelled and grabbed my arm. "The nurse." is what Melissa said. I tilted my head and asked, "What?"

"The nurse is pushing a needle into your arm." she finally said.

"Why would she do that?" I cried. "See it for yourself," Melissa replied.