Chapter 74

*NEW BOOK COVER!!*

After Lili finished passing me the notes from Algebra, I groaned in annoyance. "Hey, don't worry. I hate school more than you do. And it was fuckin' worth it. We're done."

"Yeah, four fucking hours of this was 'worth it'," I sighed.

"Buuut, we're done. Say, do you still have that brownie ice cream I ate the last time I was here? Eating dinner?," Lili asked, pulling off puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes and smiled. "It's in the cooler. Go for it,"

She stood up rapidly and ran to the kitchen. I put my notebooks and my pencil in my book bag, closing it before standing up and heading to the kitchen as well. I opened a cabinet, taking out a jar full of cookies. I drooled and let out a chuckle.

"You're drooling," stated Lili.

"Shut up, I'm having my moment here," I said, still staring at the jar.

"Well, you're not getting anything if you still eat stuff like that," said Lili, taking a bite of brownie ice cream. "What're you trying to say?"

"You say you wanna compete for the games, right? Bitch, if you still eat cookies and sweets, what you're getting is diabetes," she said.

"Why is that wrong?" I pouted. "It's not. I'm just tryin' to warn you, as an athlete."

"Pfft, bullshit. Then, why didn't the Principal choose you to compete?" I murmured. "Oh, honey, she did."

"What,"

She gave me an evil smirk and nodded.

"What did you just say?" I asked.

"I got chosen to compete right after she talked to you," she explained.

"You're bullshitting me, right?"

She shook her head no. I chuckled. "HEH. Why the hell didn't you fucking tell me?!" I yelled.

"Skyleigh, language." remarked mom from the living room. "Sorry, Ma," I raised my voice so Ma could've hear me. "Because, I wanted it to be a surprise. So... surprise surprise," she laughed. "You're a genius! What're you competing at?"

"Track and field and road running." she replied. I was about to say something but a phone call from Lili's phone stopped me. "Hello? Oh, yeah-- Sorry, mom. I'll be right there..... At Sky's place...... Yeah, mm-hm. See you, then. Bye,"

"I gotta go. I promised my mom I would help her with some shit from her work. You're going to school tomorrow, right?" she smiled, placing the ice cream and the spoon down on the counter. I nodded. "Of course. I'll be in school tomorrow."

"Good." she said before giving me a hug and grabbing her book bag, walking to the front door. "Bye, Mr and Mrs. Woods!,"

She opened the door and got out before closing it again. I looked at the jar of cookies and opened the cabinet, placing the jar back on its place. I walked towards the living room. "Hey, Ma, what time is it?"

Ma turned on her phone. "It's 6:25 pm,"

"Mkay. Imma go and sleep now,"

"Right now? Isn't it too early?" asked Pa.

"I'm really tired after four hours of reading and writing. And calculating," I fake yawned. "Alright, sleep tight," said Pa.

"Good night," Ma said.

"'Night," I finally said, heading upstairs to my room. I closed the door behind me as I flopped on my bed, reaching for my red mirror that was on the drawer next to my bed. I grabbed the mirror. "Marina." I called.