Chapter 75

I woke up by the sound of an alarm. I moaned and open my eyes slowly, looking at my clock before turning the alarm off. It wad 7:21 am. I looked at myself and realized I was wearing the same clothes I wore last night. Same red hoodie, jeans and black and red boots. My parents can't simply look at me like this. They know I slept with pajamas so they'll think I escaped from my room. Quickly, I grabbed a black T-shirt, some other gray pants, and some white sneakers before running to my bathroom.

After half an hour, I showered and did everything as I got out of the bathroom. I walked over to my drawer and brushed my hair. When I finished, I placed the brush down and grabbed my book bag, opening it before putting my phone in it and closing it again. I walked out of my room and closed the door, making my way downstairs. I placed my book bag down on the chair and sat besides it. "Good morning," greeted Ma, Pa, and Gretchen. I chuckled. "Good morning,"

"You look like you haven't slept for days," Gretchen said.

"Well, it's school," I shrugged.

"Do you want some coffee?" asked Ma, placing a plate of toasts in front of me. "Nope, hot chocolate, please. I don't like coffee."

"Alright,"

I started eating the toast as Gretchen asked me about the games. "What about it?" I asked back through toast in my mouth. "I'm coming to see you compete," she remarked.

I choked. "That's great--!"

"Really? Do you think so? Because Ma and Pa can't but I'm off work that day," she smiled.

"Wow! That's great!" I smiled back.

Gretchen just chuckled as I finished eating my toast. I drank the hot chocolate and stood up before grabbing my book bag. "Bye!," I waved at them, walking to the front door and opening it before I got out of the house. I took a deep breath and started walking on the sidewalk. Seeing other students walking on the other side of the sidewalk, for some reason, I felt safer.

When I arrived at school, I saw Lili with Spencer. God, how long have they been dating? Five months? More? Less? Ugh. Who cares? I don't even like him anyway. I grunted and walked towards them. "Hey," I managed to fake a smile. "Hi, Sky! You made it!," Lili hugged me. I hugged her back. "I did," I chuckled.

"Hey, Sky. It's been so long since I've seen you," said Spencer. I pulled away from the hug with Lili as my smile faded away into an expressionless look. "Yeah," was all I said. For my surprise, the bell rang and saved me from that awkward moment. "Oh-! Would you look at that? The bell rang! I gotta get going-- To... Uh, Algebra! Um, bye!" I exclaimed as I ran off to the hallway. "Skyleigh!," a girl stopped me. When I looked at her clearly, I realized it was no other than Brianna, Harley standing next to her. "Hi, Brianna. Hey, Harley!" I waved at them. They both waved back.

"Hey, what happened to you? You weren't here in like, a week?" asked Brianna.

"Uh-- I was at the hospital," I gulped.

"Oh, no!" Brianna gasped.

"What happened?" Harley questioned.

"Nothing much. Just-- Panic attacks," I lied. "Oh. Well, nothing else happened? Are you okay?" Brianna kept asking. "I'm fine," I chuckled. Harley cleared her throat loudly, drawing attention to us. "Right! Skyleigh, Principal Mary Ruth heard you were here and she wants you at her office. Stat! Sorry I didn't tell you earlier!" said Brianna.

"It's okay! Thanks for telling me! Bye!" I walked rapidly towards the office before knocking the door. "Come in!," I heard the Principal yell from the office. I turned the doorknob, opening the door and seeing the Principal sitting down, signing some papers on her desk. She lifted her head as her eyes glued on me, making me slightly nervous. "Ah, look who we have here! Skyleigh, Skyleigh, Skyleigh, I was starting to get worried. May I know the reason of your absence?" she asked, putting her blue pen down.