Chapter 72

Before my parents got home, everyone cleaned and left, leaving Gretchen and I alone in the house. We tried to leave everything clean and act normal. We both sat on the couch and started watching TV discretely. "Hey, Sky?"

"What?"

"This random guy requested me on Facebook. Called Cyu Agen. Do you know who he is?"

I snorted. "Pfft. No.... It's been a looonng day,"

"Uh,"

"Without you my friend," I sang off of key.

"Um-- Sky--"

"And I tell you all about it when I Cyu-Agen," I sang through laughter. Gretchen facepalmed and laughed at the same time. When we were both laughing hysterically, I heard a voice from the entrance. "We're home! Sky! Gretchen!"

Gretchen and I stood up, walking towards the entrance and seeing Ma and Pa. "Hello, Sky. Hello, Gretchen," greeted Ma. Me and Gretchen waved. "Shouldn't you be resting?" Pa questioned me. "Um-- Yes-- I mean. I AM resting. I was watching TV with Gretchen just now." I stated.

"Do you want to go to school tomorrow?" asked Ma.

"So soon?" I groaned.

"If you don't want to, we understand. But, be sure to call your friend so she can pass you the notes and everything." Pa explained. I nodded. "I'll go to school on Friday. Today is Wednesday, right?"

Ma, Pa and Gretchen gave me a nod. "Why is there juice on the floor?" Ma asked, changing the subject. "Um-- I accidentally did it and forgot to clean it," I lied.

"Why is there cake in the trash can?" Pa asked, throwing something in the trash. Gretchen gulped. "I bought some cake for Sky!" she also lied. "Did you guys have a party or something?" Ma questioned.

"No-- Yes-- Only the two of us." I said.

"Alright," Ma sighed.

"Oh! Sky! Come quick! I need to show you something," said Gretchen, grabbing my hand and pulling me upstairs to my room. When we got in, she closed the door as I lied on my bed, sighing. She sat on the bed with some type of clothes in her hands. I sat up and examined the clothes. It looked like some kind of uniform. A blue and purple uniform that had my school symbol stitched onto it. It took me a while to realize it was the uniform for the games. I let out a gasp and asked, "Do you know where my phone is?"

"Isn't it on your drawer?"

I looked over and saw my phone placed on my drawer. I chuckled nervously and headed over to grab it. I tried turning it on. Surprisingly, it did turn on. But the battery was on 17%. I texted Lili, saying; COME OVER TO MY HOUSE! QUICK!1!1!11!1!

I charged my phone and turned it off, lying down on my bed. "What happened?"

"I texted Lili. She's probably coming over."

"Oh. Well, I'm gonna go. I have to practice something," she stated as she stood up from the bed and walked out of my room, closing the door behind her. I heard a knock on my window. Thinking it was Lili, I stood up and walked towards it. I was wrong. It was no other than Masky. I opened the window. " 'Sup?"

"Come with me outside." he demanded.

"Why? I can't. I have to rest." I stated.

"It's an emergency. I haven't told Slendy about this. Just come."

"How long will it take?"

"A couple minutes. No longer than ten minutes."

"Fine," I sighed, getting out of the room and jumping out of the window. It isn't that high so I'm good. We're good. Masky jumped as well as he ran away. I followed him. After running, we arrived at a lonely park. With no one. Literally no one. "Masky, I don't think there's--"

He interrupted me by making a gesture. He walked towards these swings, where there was a kid. There was a boy who seemed to be 7 or 8 years old. He was muttering something in a different language I couldn't decipher while looking down. "Masky, what's wrong with him?"

"He-Who-Waits-Behind-The-Walls," Masky murmured.

After those words Masky murmured, the kid looked up at us rapidly with a sinister smile. "Zalgo!" he exclaimed as his eyes suddenly turned black. I mean, his entire eyes. The white part of his eyes as well.

He yelped as he jumped out of the swings and tackled me. I screamed. "HE COMES." "HE COMES." "HE COMES." he yelled repeatedly. Suddenly, he stopped and fell off me. Masky has stabbed his back. I started panting. "Y-You okay?" he stuttered. "I'm fine. Thanks," I said as I stood up from the floor. "C-Can I go home?"

"S-Sorry," he apologized.

"For what?" I asked.

"For b-bringing you here," he stated.

I looked down and murmured, "It's alright. I just wanna go home with... Lili! Holy fuck! I forgot about her! I-I gotta go! Um, see ya!"

He waved at me as I waved back and ran away to my house, again. I climbed up carefully and slowly back to my window. When I arrived, I panted and closed my window. "Well," I sighed, "Too much effort for nothing. She hasn't arrived yet."

I lied on my bed. "Damn, that was a scary experience. What the fuck,"

"Sky!" a voice banging the door of my room interrupted my thoughts. I recognized that voice... Lili!

I stood up rapidly from the bed and headed to the door before opening it. When I opened it, I felt how she hugged me tightly. I hugged back. She pulled away from the hug. "I missed you so so so much! When you texted me I was like, 'Woah woah woah. Da fuck? Sky?!?!'."

I laughed. "Well, at least it was only like three days."

"Yeah, lucky you."

"Hey, Gretchen gave me the uniform for the games. When is that again?" I questioned her.

"Oh. You sure you still wanna compete for that?"

"Yeah. I mean, I want good grades. And I heard if I participate, I'll bring my grades up," I explained. She gave me a smirk and nodded. "Well, when is it? In two months? One?"

"One...." she murmured.

"One month?" I asked.

She pursed her lips before looking down. "One week."