CHAPTER-6

"My head!" I groaned as my groggy eyes opened. I rubbed my temples while my eyes drifted all around. The moon was shining brightly in the sky, and its cool silver rays were permeating the dark room.

There was a stiff pain in my back as I realised that I slept on the armchair. My eyes flickered to the clock, and it read the time ten minutes before twelve.

I set my foot on the carpeted floor and immediately jerked it back as pricking pain shoot through my ankle making me squeak. I gently set my foot on my lap. There was a piece of shattered glass that had punctured my ankle with blood seeping around the shard.

Closing my eyes I tugged the shard out, a small whimper escaped my lips. I had some deep breaths, leaning my head on the armchair, and then after few minutes I looked at my ankle and found the blood gushing out from it.

I looked down to find the half broken glass with its splinters on the floor and abruptly images started to flood through my mind.

My heart leapt in my throat of the last image that popped in my head before passing out of that guy lunging at me.

Ignoring the stinging pain, I carefully set my feet on floor, skipping the glass splinters and then in a hurry I dragged myself towards the door. As I pulled the door handel my eyes fell upon the clock which showed the time midnight.

My breath was shaky and my hands were trembling, as I crossed the threshold of the door, it's on its own slammed shut and I flinched.

I was terrified but still I noticed that exiting through the sitting room, I was in some unknown long hallway with white walls. It was lit up by the flamed torches on the either side of the wall. On one end of the hall I was able to spot a mahogany colored double door, and on the other end there was nothing but darkness, making me unable to spot anything. Without wasting any time I swirled towards the end which had a door and started to drag myself towards it. My ankle was burning with pain, but my fear for this place was colossal, motivating me to stop at nothing.

As I dragged myself further I heard the tapping of boots on the wooden pavement behind me, and a shadow of a man appeared on the pavement in before me. My eyes widened in fear, and I tripped over my own foot and fell. Again a stinging pang shoot through my ankle and this time I was unable to stand, I propped my body up by my hands and through the curtain of my hair I dared to look towards the back.

I saw nothing but heard the noise of footsteps coming through the dark, my eyes remained glued and my body remain riveted to the spot where I was until I saw the figure emerging through the dark in front of me.

That same guy with that same evil smirk was standing towering in front of me. His honey colored eyes bored into mine as I slid myself backwards.

I never thought that as handsome face as him would ever be my fear.

Tears burned my eyes as I struggled to slide my body as far as possible from him. He remained rooted to his spot and stared at me like an object for his amusement.

With all my might I stood back to my feet and whirling away from him, I ran suppressing the agonizing pain I was feeling. I ran and ran but the distance between that door and me remained same.

I heard the clattering of his boots again behind me, and my heart  started to thump more wildly. "You can't run from me!"

Glancing back I continued my run towards the door but it came to a halt as he appeared in front of me out of nowhere, a scream made its way through my throat as I flinched back.

Now his smirk turned more smug and evil, and his eyes got darker. "Told you!" His voice was mocking yet aggressive.

My body was trembling but gathering the will to escape from him I again whirled toward the other direction, but before I could even make a run to escape he appeared half a feet way from me. Again I flinched but this time losing my balance I landed on the wooden pavement.

Now the pain and trembling were making me unable to get on my feet for the second time so with tears running down my cheeks I started to drag my body away from him.

He was again rooted to his spot watching me with his evil smirk, dragging myself away from him.

Who is he?! This question screamed through my mind as I continued to drag me further.

"Dear Aurora," his tongue ticked in annoyance. "How naïve are you."

Chills sent through my body as his voice reverberated through this eerily silent hallway. My body froze where it was, and then in a next instant it was violently pulled across the floor on its own towards him while my sore throat screamed in horror. My nails scratched through the wooden pavement in an attempt to grab onto something but it gave me nothing but broken nails.

My body stopped near him. He raised his forefinger and the same moment my trembling body lifted from the floor, hanging in the air set like a display in front of him.

He brushed his thumb on my lower lip. "So soft."

"What do you want from me?" I spoke through my shaky sobs.

He laughed, a deep throaty laugh but stopped boring his eyes into me. He leant to my ear and snaked his arm through my waist. "I want the whole you." He whispered and my heart nearly stopped.

I closed my eyes burning with tears as he planted a kiss on crook of my neck but they shot open as I felt something soft underneath me.

I was laying on the bed with him on top of me. I squirmed violently under him as his face came closer and closer to mine.

"NO!" I cried.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Please vote, comment and share.