CHAPTER-41

A smirk, a very familiar vicious smirk making its way on his lips. "Do it. Do it now...my," He whispered darkly, leaning into me, our faces apart by an inch. "Adriana..."

An untameable urge burned my hand, compelling me to follow his command, without comprehending the meaning of his words, I clutched the necklace of my pendant.

I readied to tear it off from me, when a voice shouted. "Aurora!" It felt like being snapped out of a hypnotic trance.

My head shot to side, seeing a figure running towards me...Reuben?

The dizziness returned to me, my hand dropping from my necklace.

Why was I doing it? My head turning to look at that guy, but I found none sitting there. Where is he? What is happening?

My head, it hurts!

I clutched my head in throbbing pain.

"Aurora!" A hand wrapped around my back, Reuben was crouching to me, his face was inundated with worry.

"Reuben..." I breathed, and unable to hold myself steady, I let my body fell towards him.

His hand slipping under me, lifted me up in his arms.

I let my head rest onto his chest and closed my eyes, trying to assuage my swirling thoughts.

Those eyes, that face, and the name he called me by... It was him... it was... Erebus.

I coiled my body in Reuben's arm, feeling tremors of terror breaking through my skin. Even in this state that demon had managed to make me feel this never ending fear of him again.

Reuben rushed to somewhere with a hasten pace, abruptly coming to a halt, but then after few seconds continued walking.

"So soon, Reuben. You could have waited a little longer." It sounded like... Oliver. Why was he mad? "I was nearly caught, if he didn't receive an urgent cal- Aurora!" a warm hand brushed my cheek. "What happened?"

"Erebus!" Reuben growled, his grip around me tightened. "I felt his rotten presence, reaching near her."

Reluctantly, I opened my eyes. Oliver was standing beside Reuben, with an enraged face, but his face gained composure, finding my droopy eyes looking at him. "How're you feeling?"

I opened my mouth to say something, but I felt sudden rush of contents of my stomach spewing out.

"P-ut m-e d-own." I barely had the words out of my mouth.

Reuben understanding my sudden wiggling put me to my feet, keeping his hand wrapped around me, supporting my whole body.

Unable to hold back anymore, my body jerked down, puking on the spot. Reuben from his free hand held my hairs back.

Oliver rubbed my back. "Her eyes are red, her movements look tipsy, and now this. She's drunk?"

My breathing was ragged, and I felt my ribs hurting with all this lurching. I felt completely drained out.

After hurling it all, my legs gave out, and I would have dropped to the ground if it weren't for the Reuben who was holding me up.