CHAPTER-76

This wasn't supposed to happen...

Reuben gone,

Oliver gone.

And Erebus stood victorious.

How could this happen?

Why the darkness won and light lost? This wasn't justice. This wasn't fair. Why my credos were proven wrong? Why nature wasn't serving the justness by eliminating this darkness? Why it was allowed to snuff the light inside us.

Why?

These questions stormed my brain as I stared at the Erebus who had a triumph written over his face with a strong emotion of contempt.

Even now my dread for him wasn't completely gone, but this unfairity was burning me with utmost infuration, clouding every rationality of my brain.

"Time has come," he spoke, pleasance of his voice stinging me.

My nails dug in my palm while my teeth clenched. I wouldn't let him take me. He couldn't do that!

My eyes flitted at the giant door. It was opened ajar. I knew it wasn't worth it. But I would give every single shot a try. I wouldn't give up fighting, not until my last breath.

His eyes were trained on me like hawk as if he could read what I was thinking. So I remained still, creating a decoy of giving up. A mere attempt of fooling the cunning being. What was left to lose for me was I. And I wouldn't lose myself to him.

A venomous smile spread on his lips. "Don't try anything, my love. It's all going to be worthless now. What you have now is I."

Angry tears burnt my eyes as I tried harder to retain them, to not shed them in front of him.

I wanted to run, but my knees were glued to the floor. Something inside me was still influenced by the fear he instilled in me that even after ripping me off everything I couldn't dare to defy him.

"Run," A shiver ran down my spine as a soft voice of a woman whispered in my ear.

Something inside me stirred, and my muscles flexed in action. Without looking at Erebus, I scrambled up the floor and sprinted for the door.

My heart was beating erratically at the fear of being caught. But I ran without a stop. My breathing elevating. My body shaking.

Run, Run, Run, Run...It was all on my mind at the moment.

My feet coming to skidding halt as I slid through the gap of the door. I took a quick glance behind me as something irresistible inside me forced me to look.

A glow was gleaming over a shillhoute of a woman. Her long hairs cascading down her back and there were colossal wings arced over her back, she stood before Erebus, blocking his way.

For a minute second her eyes skimmed over me, giving me a peek of her face that couldn't be just called beautiful. It was heavenly.

But second was over as I was now out of the door. Her face still etched in my memory. A set of green eyes on a pearly face.

She was an angel...

I shook my mind off her as I ran. I had to now put an end to this obsession.

I looked by my side as I ran without a pause in an elongated hallway with windows on either side of me, illuminating my path with silvery rays of moon.

Escaping from this place wasn't going to end this. The only escape I could come up with...I stopped in my track. My chest heaving from all the running. I didn't know how long that woman could stop him or maybe he was already coming for me. This thought made shards of ice settled in my stomach.