CHAPTER-11

As my step crossed the door, Erebus's face lit up with sly smirk on. The moment I was about to put my other foot out the door , a figure came before me with lightning speed, wrapping a hand around my torso pushing me back inside and breaking me free of a hypnotic trance I was in.

I stumbled back but before my back could hit the floor, a hand seizing my wrist steadied me.

I looked up from the hand to the face of the person who helped me out.

"Are you alright?" Reuben in a concernedly asked.

No words came out from my mouth so I just nodded my head vigorously.

He then turned back towards door, and I met his line of glowering vision which was fixed on the Erebus who with equal intensity was returning it back.

An animalistic growl escaped his lips and his body dissolved in a black vapors. His demonic existence completely vanishing from the spot he was standing at.

Reuben closed the door with a bang. He locked it and then turned towards me with a rebuking expression crossed on his face.

I stood there calming my furiously beating heart which still stuck at what was going to happen to me moments before.

"May I know the reason that why were you trying to step out of the door, ignoring what I told you earlier." He asked coldly.

I closed my eyes for a moment as I let in a shaky breath. "Even I don't know, " I ran my trembling hand through my hairs, confronting his brown melting eyes, just looking into them was making me weak in my knees. "I had a dream in which he told me that I'll do as he says and when I woke up I heard a voice in my head that said come here and then-"

"You without your will were about to walk out of the door." He cut me off, correctly anticipating the reason of my actions.

I nodded.

He shook his head in disparagement as grimness seeped in his features. "He controlled your mind. He did that when you were asleep so that means he picked the most vulnerable state of your mind." He looked lost deep in his thoughts.

"He can do that again?" I asked in horror.

He met my eyes that spoke the stories of my agonizing horror, Erebus. "Yes, most probably."

"Is there no escape of this never ending horror?" The pain of being tortured was evident in my shaky voice.

His eyes soften. "Everything is going to be alright Aurora."

"No!" I cried as tears of frustration pooled in my eyes. "Nothing is alright and nothing is gonna be alright." With this I sprinted upstairs to my room and slammed the door shut.

Why it's me?

I clutched my hairs in the frustration emerging through the unfairness of my destiny which bound me to that demon.

I sagged to the floor and leant my head on my bed. I clutched my knees and hid my face in my lap. My shoulders shook violently as the echoes of my sobs filled the room with the bleakness.

Suddenly I felt a touch on my shoulder and assuming the worst, I flinched but then the those colloquial pair of mesmerizing eyes came in my view through the curtain of my hair which was veiling my side.

Taking few brown locks of my hair, he tugged it behind my ear. "Tears stain such beautiful face of yours," he swept his thumb across my cheeks, wiping the tears off. "So don't cry."

"Then what should I do?" I asked, mockery of my voice was clear but it was on my situation. "I have nothing. The only person that really thought me as daughter was my mother and she is dead. For my dad I'm pawn for gaining more power just like my biological father. You don't understand, Reuben. You don't understand. Above all these crisis of my life a demon, a real demon is after me." I pointed the finger furiously at I.