CHAPTER-19

I remained glued to the stair step my feet were on, staring at the door which just shut on its own. My breaths were coming out in heavy pants like I had just came from a long run but they were mingled with the extreme terror that settled in my core.

When it finally dawned on me that the door shut then with a dreading self I swung back. With no choice left I started to walk down the stairs. With each step I was taking down to the basement I was feeling a fierce pull tugging my body forward, opposite to what I felt when I was ascending stairs to my room. It was like I was now climbing off the mountain. Fear subsided due to this strong energy growing more intense when I was standing at the basement's pavement.

The overwhelming energy from before felt much more stronger like the source was somewhere near.

I glanced all around but stood perplexed. There was nothing here. It was all empty then what was this tingling warmness that was stirring my nerves?

As I remained engrossed in my confusion, a tug on my sleeve like before tumbled me to the side and incidentally my eyes fell to the wall on my side.

I walked up to there and the feeling of that energy got much more intense but...where is it coming from?

There was nothing here but still there should be something. My fingers grazed the wooden panels on the wall and then I knocked on them to find them shallow from inside. My nails dug in the slits between the panel at which they were joined together and using my both hands I pulled the one panel out from the wall to discover...another wooden wall?

To check whether it was shallow I started to inspect it by putting my palm over it, as I was grazing my palm over it, I felt the wall slide a little making a metallic creaking sound.

I pressed my palm over it and started to make it slid towards the side just like it slid before. The whole wall slid to the side, revealing a dark room.

My eyes bobbed out, discovering this secret room.

What Aunt Valerie need a secret room for?

It was so dark to see anything. I walked inside the room and started to feel for the switch on the wall.

Feeling a switch like thing on the wall, I flicked it on, dimly lit light lightly lit the place, making a little difference in providing a visibility but was still more than enough in comparison to coal blackness in the room before.

Goosebumps broke all over me as the air around me became electrifying. It was somewhere near. My eyes scrutinized all around until it stopped near a figure laying on the wooden pavement in the middle.

A gasp of horror escaped me.

Who's he? Is he dead?

With a shaky feet I slowly move forward and ambivalence of shock and confusion took over me.

A guy was laying with his eyes closed and what shocked me further was that I saw him that day. He took care of this mansion's garden. His name, what was it...

I stared at his good looking face and the memory of that day meeting him replayed in my mind. "Oliver!" I whispered.

His name was oliver, I remembered it now but what was he doing here?!

My eyes darted to his chest and released a huge breath to find it rising up and down.

He needed help but who locked him up here? I squatted down to him and my knuckles brushed against his shoulder and I flinched at the electrifying jolt I felt and my eyes widened at the realisation.

He is the source of this overwhelming energy.

Who is he? He couldn't be normal if he emanated this energy and if he wasn't normal and in this house then...

Patting of shoes on the wooden tiles came from behind. My body erected at very obvious anticipation of who he could be?

Without waiting for him to speak, I spoke up. "You knew, you knew about this from start. Didn't you Reuben?" My eyes still fixed on the poor guy.

I heard him releasing a frustrating sigh. "You shouldn't be here."

I gritted my teeth as anger started to bubble up inside me. "Why is he here?"

"Nothing, that you should concern yourself about." He said in a monotonous tone.

My head shot towards him and I sprang up to my feet. "Nothing I should concern myself about!" I yelled. "What did he do to deserve to be trapped in here?"

For fraction of second darkness veiled over his face but it disappeared as soon as it appeared. "He removed the vial of holy water that I buried around the house and that was the reason Erebus was able to enter inside."

His words made me unable to speak further.

He did this? I glanced at Oliver over my shoulder.

Why the looks were so deceiving? Why?

But...he was doing Erebus's work so that meant he could have controlled him to do that just like he took over my mind and nearly got me step out of the house. I shouldn't judge anyone without listening to their part of story.

"I'm sure that no one wants to work for demon on their own will." I said, confronting Reuben's eye which looked taken aback by what I said.

"Aurora, don't be foolish." Reuben said, taking a step towards me.

"How to get him back to conscious?" I  asked sternly.

"He isn't getting back to conscious." He spoke matching my stern stare.

"Why?" I rose a brow.

"Because he is a threat on you." He said, trying to reign his anger.

"You let me decide that." I seethed. "Now get him back to conscious."

Reuben stood quite with his lips pursed in anger.

"Kiss Oliver and break the spell." The words tingled my ear in a whisper, that same whisper that led me here.

I stood indecisive on what should I do until I met the hazel pair of eye behind Reuben. The guy, same guy from my dream stood behind Reuben, gazing at me with an emotion, like I was a hope he was latched on.

Reuben must have seen the far off look in my eyes as I fidgeted over kissing Oliver.

"I won't let him wake up, so we should go from here now " Reuben took another step towards me and this was enough for me to decide.

I swung back to the oliver and got down to my feet as I heard Reuben said my name in protest. "Aurora!"

I leant my face over him and my lips met his. A jolt of energy surged through my body while some energy was making me unable to remove my lips and slowly the lips underneath mine stirred, trying to move against my unmoving ones. His eyes fluttered open, and hazel eyes met mine, revealing its colloquialism with hazel eyes I saw in my dream while this new revelation made my body go rigid on what was happening?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Aurora kissed other guy in front of Reuben!
Whoa!

Please do comment your views in story till now as it encourages me as a writer.

Please vote, comment and share.