CHAPTER-36

I was immobilized, silently crying for this torture to end, while his lips now trailed to my ear. "You can never escape me. Never!"

Gasp! My eyes flew open. My chest heaving shallow breaths. My body trembling with the tremors, emanating through my core.

My hand shot around my neck, feeling for the pendant- it was there, secured around my neck.

I had a breath of relief.

It was a nightmare.

I slept at the bay window seat, my head was leaning against its window.

"You can never escape me. Never!" The words from the nightmare ringing in my ear, causing my body to tremble harder.

I draped my arms around me, clutching myself to soothe my body. I turned my head out to my window to look out at the bustling city, averting my mind from the nightmare.

My breath caught in my throat, my lungs started to ache, and my heart dropping at what my eyes had a sight of.

At the top of the nearest skyscraper stood a dark figure. And for some reason I knew it was...him.

Even though, the silhouette of the dark figure was the only thing I was able to make out, I knew that he was staring right here, at me. I could feel the boring of his menacing glare.

I scrambled up from the seat and drew the drapes on the window with my shaking hands.

I stood, riveted to my spot. My tears were at the verge of falling. I still felt the crawling sensations on my body of his leering eyes from the nightmare.

Something profound was telling me that I would encounter him soon. He wasn't going to leave me as long as he exist.

I bit my trembling lip while my instinct shout the warnings at me.

***

"I'll go!" Oliver argued, looking straight at Reuben who was more interested in sipping the content of his mug.

I entered the kitchen, looking at both of them in daze. My padding footsteps gained their attention as they looked over their shoulders to me.

Reuben smiled. "Morning!"

I returned his smile back. "Morning!" my eyes drifting to pouting Oliver with a little angry frown settled on his brow. "What happened, Oliver?"

"He's keeping me trapped here!" his eyes accusingly shot to unfazed Reuben.

"Reuben?" I called, confused at Oliver's accusation.

Reuben turned to me. "There are out those wizards that can use him to get to you. I don't want to take any risk."

"I have now the same purpose as yours. Why in the world I would let them use myself?!" Oliver threw his hand in air in frustration, glaring at Reuben more intensely.

"Because you don't have enough mind to think through it." Reuben said, still not sparing Oliver a glance.

It was rude. "Reuben!" I said scoldingly, but he just shrugged, implying it as obvious.

"Dude! I explained you everything that your angelic brain isn't capable of thinking. You know that information is important, now activate that damn elevator!" Oliver slammed his fist on the granite counter, still not gaining a bit attention from Reuben who was busy sipping the content of his mug.

"What information? Where you want to go?" I asked, confused.

"Charlie got a very important thing about perdition. He wants to meet me, but he ain't letting me go!" He spoke through his clenched teeth.