CHAPTER-59

I looked at Gavin, he had skepticism inundated his face, but his stance was alert, as if sensing the danger around.

Even though, as a brother he meant nothing to me, but I couldn't help the worry rose in me as he took a step forward in the direction of that hooded man, unaware of the danger that man was capable of harming us with.

"Gavin, stop!" I hissed.

His eyes were glazed with an unfazed look as he glanced at me and back at that man.

"Who are you?" Gavin asked in an intimidating tone.

"No one that will bother you," the hooded man spoke, taking a step forward, leisurely, in my direction. "If you just let me have the girl without being a bother."

Gavin smiled wryly. "Guess, you are gonna be a bother."

I saw the smile of that man widening in a sick excitement.

No!

I dashed front of him, standing between that man and him like a wall, holding my hand out in surrender. "I'll go with you."

"Stay aside, Aurora!" Gavin pushed me to his back.

"Gavin, don't please. He's dangerous." I rushed the words out, panicking over his undaunted self.

"I love dangerous." His tone was edged towards a cocky note. I knew challenges were what he liked, but it wasn't a challenge he would like to stand against this time.

The man held his palm out, aiming it at Gavin. "Olethros!"

My body flexed into an urgent action when the black transparent light emerged out of it, but before it could reach him for a hit, I stood in the way without caring for anything. He had nothing to do with the things that involved me. Even if it included dying. 

Impact of the malicious energy in the air had my hairs blown back as it came for me. I closed my eyes, bracing myself for the worst pain, but nothing happened as the seconds passed.

I opened my eyes. The light was split into either side of me, shedding, dissolving into the air.

My brow scrunched. How does that happen?

Fingers curled around my arm in a harsh grip, jerking me back. "Have you lost your mind!"

"Gavin, stop it! Let him take me. You don't know anything. There are more like him." My words came out hysteric.

Gavin eyed the man standing before us. His lips were pursed in a grim line, and I could feel the deathly glare boring at us through the shadow that concealed his face by the jacket of his hood. My gut was wrenching anticipating the horrendous scenarios that could happen any instant.

Gavin pulled me back with him, until we were near the car. All the way, he never broke his stare from the man who looked furious by his deadly calm stance.

He pulled the door to the backseat open and shoved me inside.

"Stay here." He said in a warning note.

"No-" I tried to protest but he shut the door with a bang, making me flinch.

I tried to push and even kick open the door, but it didn't budge.

Why? I groaned.

"Stop please!" I pummeled my fist at the window. "It's dangerous!"

I saw him advancing towards the man, my heart was dropping with his each step. Why he had to be so stubborn? Why couldn't he listen to me for once?

Gavin...