CHAPTER-51

Reuben's POV-:

I was crouching over Ralph, his body was unmoving, laid in the middle of the road, his neck twisted in an unimaginable angle.

The moment I received his call, my heart sank. I knew instantly the dark presence he was feeling around was of that demon. I told him to protect Aurora, at all cost. And he did try that, at all cost. But he was just a mere wizard when it came to that wicked being.

I clenched my teeth as my blood boiled in anger. Erebus! My fists clenched to my side.

I inhaled a breath. My priority now was to find Aurora. I had to hurry. To sense their orion was one of the basic instinct, angels were blessed with.

I closed my eyes, trying to feel her presence. My body felt lighter as I felt a surge of energy pulling me forward.

She's near, very near.

I opened my eyes and took a brief glance at Ralph. I made him my right hand man for a reason. He had a lot to do. He couldn't die like this.

I pressed my palm to his chest. I knew that this could happen, he would willingly die following my orders. So for this day, I drew his half soul and kept it with me.

Now, I could revive him. If half of his soul would get back in his body, his magic would summon the remaining one back. Though, in the process he would lose some of his magic, but it was better than being dead.

A resplendent light seeped through my palm as I increased the pressure on his chest.

The light slowly started to shred into the white, glittery fragments that were sinking into his chest.

I removed my hand from him and rose up to my feet. He would be back to life in a bit.

I had to now hurry. I could still feel Aurora around, but her energy seemed to get distant, like she was getting away.

Feeling the pull coming from forward direction, I dashed towards it. My blood pumped at high pace, pushing my legs to run faster.

My mind occupied by only one thought- Aurora, please be safe.

I wouldn't let her happen anything. Erebus couldn't take her away from me. I would stop him, stop him at any cost.

My heart leapt as I felt the energy fading. This couldn't be happening. She was slipping through my fingers like sand. I ran faster, following the vague energy source.

My steps faltered as energy I felt diminished through my senses, making me stop in my tracks. I stood in the center of an intersection like a lost man.

I looked at all the four ways, trying to sense any clue about her whereabouts. But all the roads seemed to be desolated, gawking back at me, empty, in mockery.

How could her energy vanish like that? My eyes shifting to all direction, feeling flustered, but my face ashen when a possible reason crossed my mind. What if he...took her with him to dark realm.

No! It can't be...Aurora!

I felt my world spinning as I dropped to the ground on my knees.

An unsettling feeling eating me, making an overwhelming sense of vulnerability to well up in me.

I lost her...I lost her forever...I failed to protect her.