CHAPTER-37

This is prologue of my book Frosted and story Reuben is telling to Aurora.
This reveals why Erebus is after her?
Read last chapter if you haven't, then continue with this chapter.
----------------------------------------------------------
The snow was covering the land wherever the eyes could reach to, the sun had set, leaving the moon to take upon the sky, but it was partially hidden behind the clouds from where the tiny white spheres were falling to the ground and melting.

There was silence everywhere, nobody could be seen, but then it was pierced by the strong looking man, wearing the blue poncho over his grey tunic, riding his galloping horse.

An urgency could be felt from the man's panic self. His breath was huffing and white smoke was coming out from his mouth.

The wheezing chilly breeze caressed him, hood of his poncho falling off in the process, revealing his astonishing face, trickled by the beads of sweat on his brow.

His midnight hair falling up to the nape of his neck were billowing by gust of cold air, hitting his beautiful face. Every feature on his face was built in the perfect symmetry. His sharp jawline was ennobling his already perfect face. His emerald green eyes held the emotion ambivalence of worry and pure rage.

His heartbeat was speeding but it was hard to tell whether it was from the panic rushing in his veins or the fuming rage shaking his body.

"How dare they!" he muttered harshly, kicking his horse to speed up while his clutch on its reins tightened to make a sharp turn around.

His heart dropped when he reached to location to which he travelled, drenching in the melting snow for an hour.

He pulled the reins to make his horse halt. Dropping the reins, he dismounted the horse, his feet covered in the laced leather boots, sagging into the half foot coating of snow above the ground, but it didn't slower his pace which was hastened more when he saw the the large boulder closing the entrance of the cave.

It can't be! His chest lurched.

His face contorting into rage, he dashed to the boulder, putting his hand over it with an intention of bursting into the tiny little fragments. "Displodo!" he casted, but nothing happened.

He disbelievingly stared at it. "No!" he whispered. He put his palms on the boulder again. "Displodo!" he casted, but again nothing happened.

He gritted his teeth and pushed his palm with force on it. "Displodo! Displodo! Displodo!" he yelled, again nothing happened. It didn't burst like he had expected.

He drooped to the ground with tears of vulnerability welling in his eyes.

It all ended! His fist clenched.

I'm too late, I'm too late!

His clenched fist slammed on the boulder, blood started oozing out from his knuckles. "Why?!" he yelled, looking over the sky, asking for answers to the one who his mother used to tell controlled this whole universe.

Grief spread through his chest, reaching his broken heart, causing the impact to intensify, making him shudder into his vulnerability.

"Crispin!" a voice called, his head shot over his shoulder, finding the lean yet muscular form of the man.