CHAPTER-24

Reuben's POV-:

It was so aggravating. I didn't want to leave her, it just never felt right to leave her alone but she always had to be stubborn and just one implore from those lips and looks from those big innocent jade eyes, stirred the wants, the longings, the desires in me that always had me melted.

Again those feelings!

My fist clenched as I tried to immure my the anger that came with suppressing my feelings.

I let out a breath to mollify my fuming thoughts but they drifted to that punk that again flashed the agitation in me.

Oliver never gave me a bad vibe from him but still I hated that guys gut. Especially that victorious smirk that day when he came beside Aurora and offered to carry the unconscious April and glanced over his shoulder to me with that jesting smirk of him. It made me to wipe that smirk off his face at that instant but thought of Aurora made me stop.

I tried all my hard to conceal Oliver's sleeping state but it proved to be futile. I never thought that secret room would ever come to my use but when it did, it didn't be of much longer use. I didn't know how but Aurora found him. All my logics are leading me to conclusion Aurora was sensitive to the energies around her. She could pick the source easily but then I wasn't sure.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out to find three messages from Ralph. I wasn't in mood to hear any news from him, so I slid it back into my pocket. Living at the outskirts of the city I had cut all my sources from outside world but I had to catch on with it whenever it was necessary.

I usually spent my time in this mansion whenever I needed peace to escape some of the duties this human form had tied me to but I was here now after a year.

Last year for the sake of my plans I sold it to Valerie Ayres though Aurora and I weren't here like I had planned but still to some manna she ended up in this mansion.

I looked to the April who was walking little ahead of me. We had been walking for an hour but still no houses came in my sight. I wasn't much familiar with ways around here but I knew that this desolated place had some houses nearby, not very close to the mansion but not far either.

I stared at the small back leading me the way. Why Aurora had terror etched on her face after embracing her?

This girl was weird for her age. What bothered me about her presence was that I hadn't sensed anything from her, neither good nor bad. It was nothing. She had no expression and her tone always remained unvaried. She hadn't spoken anything before me just had given me a lots of glare for whatever reason she had in her mind but had listened her talking to Aurora and last night the song she was singing. I heard it. Wordings of those songs were like that they meant something...not very good as if it was meant for Aurora.

After listening to that song I kept a close eye on Aurora. I saw her taking April to kitchen for water and when she got her in bed too. I watched her, hiding in the shadows.

I just let her be cognizant about my watch whenever she was with Oliver. I hated to admit but I didn't want that guy near her. Something stung at me with burning ferocity whenever I saw him near her.

No! Not again.

Again a sort of feeling overtaking me which again included Aurora. I had to control myself.