CHAPTER-61

Oliver's POV-:

Love is surely a complicated thing, it could make you into a knight in shining armor or a monster beneath the bed.

Mine turned me into both, but at times. I wasn't either of the things. I was just a guy who was madly in love with a girl, a girl who had me captivated in her compelling persona from the day I first saw her.

I always felt an energy pulsate through me when there was a proximity between us. There was something about Aurora that pulled me to her, more than her breath taking beauty, a profound enigma that entice me more.

Her eyes as dense as a forest of amazon held a story, a story that made me feel connected to her in a way that I was sure she felt too. I had seen the look on her face that held a struggle of letting me go. I knew she didn't want to, and I wouldn't either.

I glanced at the door, I couldn't leave the room right now. That angel must be somewhere near. He wouldn't let me get past those stairs, and I didn't want to have another fight with him, though It was fun when I got rise out of him. I just revel in thought of getting on his nerve. But it got infuriating when he became the one to get rise out of me.

I want to see her...My eyes roamed at the door. But for now I can't.

I ran a hand through my face as I let out a drawn out groan. That angel!

Why he had to be so...mean? Oh, c'mon! Why was I sounding like now a five year old girl, calling a person mean? There should be some more good insults in my dictionary...like manipulative freak, snobby angel, dickbutt.

I shook my head. Whatever that angel was, I didn't like him a bit. My aversion was from the day one, when he put a sleeping spell on me for the first time. And now that he himself had announced he loved Aurora, which wasn't surprising to my ears as this was the major thing from the start that instigated my loath towards him, this had made him officially a person I couldn't like in this life.

I looked out the window towards the night sky and my footsteps made me follow there, standing by the window, looking at the shimmering stars with a faroff gaze.

It wasn't often we would get to see a star lit sky in the city, this took me back to the days when I used to visit at grandma's place at weekend, near the outskirts of the city, amidst the forest. Sky shimmering the sky weren't a rare sight there. My brother and I used to stargaze for hours. I would ask my dad if there was a spell that could freeze the time, so we would always be happily watching the sky.

I let out a heavy sigh, feeling a pang of memories shooting through my heart. Nothing froze in my life, years flew by in a blink and soon...my parents, my brother, and my grandma, all were gone, leaving a trail of saddened memories behind, with me.

It would have been better if I was gone as well, so that I had never met Aurora, had never fallen in love with her, and had never caused her such pain.

I squeezed my eyes shut finally letting the guilt, I was trying to suppress, spread through my chest. I didn't miss the tears that my action brought to Aurora face today.

It made me envious when I saw an expectancy lit her eyes when she saw Reuben, and it had me irate when he without sparing a glance turned his back on her in coldness. So I kissed her on a whim. I wanted to show that angel that she wasn't the one he could ever deserve, and I wanted to make her realize that she wasn't the person she should deserve. I felt content seeing the expression of burning jealousy on his face, the feeling in which I burnt day and night. But at same time I messed up all.