CHAPTER-29

Our bodies were flushed together as our mouth moved against each other but then a large smashing sound pierced through the silent of night and splinters showered above us. Our bodies jumping in alert, pulled away.

Our face darted upwards to find the transom window above the door broken.

Oliver sprang up on his feet and hauling me up by my arm and pushed me inside the house while he stood there, his eyes scanning the area outside the fence.

"Oliver." My breathing was hitched at the abruptness of this.

He came in, closing the door shut.

"It was his doing," my voice was at the hysteric verge. "Wasn't it?"

He stood before me, shrugging the splinters off my shirt. "He's just trying to scare."

"And he did." My voice reflected the presence of my unshed tears of dread.

***

"Still not picking up." Oliver asked, entering the room.

I tossed his phone back to him. "No." I mumbled, keeping my face down. I couldn't face him, not after the last night. I was having this constant unsettling in my heart while my mind wandered in Reuben's thought. Reuben! "Reuben must be worried." I added wonderingly.

His eyes hardened. "Then he should have picked it up at the first ring." He quickly said.

"Maybe he's not there to pick it up. He must be freaking out seeing us both gone." I reasoned, thinking about Reuben's worried self. I wanted to somehow tell him that I was alright.

"So, shall we go to mansion or not?" He asked, his words were on a vexing edge.

I sat quiet on the bed. I didn't know whether to go or not. What truly kept me safe in the mansion was Reuben's company and now my dad also knew where I was so I couldn't use that mansion to hide. I needed somewhere else.

"I need to make a call." I said.

He tossed the phone back to me. I dialed the number and pressed the phone against my ear, waiting for call to be answered.

"Hello?" Finally, the call was picked up.

"Aunt Valerie?"

"Aurora dear. Where are you girl? I tried to call you several times but you didn't answer. I was so worried." She started without putting a stop.

"Calm down!" I said, taking in a breath. "Trevor barged in your mansion and forced me to come with him but... I...I was somehow managed to escape."

"What!" She nearly bursted my eardrum if I didn't have pulled the phone away on time. "How could he find you?! He probably had a doubt on me for helping you so he must have kept an eye. Where are you now?"

"Umm...Just a safe place, near the area around your mansion." I told.

There was a silent then I heard her sigh heavily. "Aurora you can't run away from your...father." She sneered the word father. "It's better for you to return and we'll talk to him together."

"What? But you know him. He's never gonna agree with my consent. You know him very well!" I couldn't believe her. She was giving me a bizarre idea.

"But how long are you planning to run?" She asked.

"Until Trev didn't find any other girl." I huffed.

"Aurora-" she started in an attempt to reason.

"I'm gonna stay in hide until the situation doesn't get better." I didn't mind being stubborn.

"You can't go to mansion now. He must have his men their keeping an eye just in case you return." She stated, the obvious that for a once never crossed my mind.