CHAPTER-53

He claimed me...I took a trembling step back. He claimed me...

"What do you mean by he claimed me, it's just a mark?" My voice cracked.

He took a step towards me with an empathic look. "It's a demon's mark."

"How can a mark claim me?" I cried, my fingers threaded to my hairs as his words puzzled me, hiking my dread due to my ignorance of the level of horror I was in.

"Aurora," he scurried to me, cupping my face, making me look at him. "We'll talk about this later, okay...you-"

"No!" I yelled. "I want to know it now!"

He sighed as if in pain, looking at me with empathy in his eyes.

He gazed at me for longest period of time before he relented as he opened his mouth, his hands dropping from my face. "The mark will make you feel his presence whenever he wants. He can't control your mind but still he can enter inside it."

My blood ran cold. His words were like stab to my ears. It was the worst that could have ever happened to me.

"Aurora..." Reuben called out to me in a low whisper, pity was dripping from his tone. But I was too much lost in my horror to pay him any kind of attention. For me, my life had been over. I couldn't live with his presence around me. I would happily die than living in continuous dread.

My knees wobbled, making me sink to the floor, my eyes, pouring tears of hopelessness, stared at the floor tiles in horror while my whole body quivered with tremors erupting within me.

His presence would now haunt me all the time. And soon he would take me with him. He would have me. It was all over for me now. It was end for me. There was no hope left in me.

As I was trapped in the storm of my thoughts, I felt a soft touch brushing my cheeks, a surge of energy tingled my skin, compelling me to look at the person, I lifted my eyes up to meet hazel eyes looking at me with concern.

Oliver was crouching before me, sincerity rolling off from him as he brushed his finger over my tears, wiping them away. "He might have claimed you, but," his hands shifted to  to my neck, his fingers brushed my nape as he popped something on it. A cool touch of metal settled around my neck. "As long as this pendant is with you, his darkness won't be as effective as it is," He smiled softly as my eyes drifted down to my chest to look at the round crystal piece dangling through a silver chain. "Just keep smiling, if you break down then the pendant wouldn't be effective. He may make you feel his presence but shrug it off, if you get frightened then he gets a chance to enter in your mind. He feeds on your fear, Aurora. So don't let him get to you. This pendant will stop him from appearing before you, as it has done before, but the only difference this time is the more strong you are the more strong this pendant is gonna be."

It was the same pendant of his grandma that he let me have, to stop Erebus from appearing before, but that demon made me throw it, so how did he find it?

My fingers touched it with confusion my eyes held.

"I found it in the car you were in." Oliver replied, knowing my obvious confusion. 

I gazed at Oliver through my glassy vision with an immense gratitude in my heart. His thoughtfulness once again showed light to my darkness.

A moment ago, I found myself sinking into darkness but just his one concerned action pulled me back to the light.

I was feeling my heart that was beating erratically was now calming down, going back to its pace. The knots in my stomach and dread in my chest were now dissolving in assauge he gave me.