CHAPTER-38

My eyes fixated at Reuben, waiting for him to explain the story he told me just now.

Deep inside I knew the answers after listening to the story, making my stomach wrench in anticipations.

"Wynward, later, sending the Alvah to perdition became the second demon lord." He told, his eyes scrutinizing me.

"So, Wynward is Erebus, and he was after Adriana... then could it be by any chance that-"

"You are Adriana." he stated, making my heart drop.

Though I knew it somewhere inside me, I couldn't stop the involuntarily action of my eyes widening and my mouth parting in shock.

Why I had to be her? Why? "But how? According to what you told, she was a wizard with powers of Grimoire and Book of shadows. I don't feel anything, Reuben. I don't feel magical. And have never ever experienced anything unusual about me throughout my childhood." my question came out all in a single breath, confounded over this newfound truth about my origin.

"When you were born, your mother with help of your father sealed your all magic." He said, looking straight into my eyes. No specks of lie could be seen in them.

"Why?" I whispered, still nothing making sense to me.

"Because, you got the magic of Grimoire and book of shadows. It was too strong that any wizard could sense it. It was necessary in order to protect you from the evil the world of magic holds in form of dark wizards."

I sighed. Every time I was curious about the information I could get about this mess I was in, but whenever I was made cognizant about it-I felt it too much to deal.

Now, I'm a wizard. Great!

"So, I was in this mess from my previous life?"

He just nodded.

My shoulders slouched. Why out of all the people I had to be born again?

I was about to leave but then a question crossed my mind.

"For Charlie and Oliver it was a shocking revelation that Erebus is a second lord, but you knew it from the start, didn't you?"

"It's a perk of being me." he shrugged, nonchalance evident in his movement.

I frowned. "Perk?"

"I'm not told how I'm gonna fulfill my purpose, but I'm told a little about my Orion."

Orion?

"Charlie used that same term Orion, too?"

"A person who an angel protects is called Orion, because Orion was the first person an angel ever protected, later it became a term to refer to those who are protected by an angel." He explained.

So now I should be referred to as an Orion, too.

"So, do you know anything about perdition, too?" I asked, anticipating for a positive reply, looking at the fact that he knew a lot of things.

"I know what perdition is, but I don't know how to get Erebus trapped in it. I'm trying to find that myself from a long time."

From a long time?

My eyes narrowed. "So you were aware about of perdition from a long time, Right? From starting, hiding my existence wasn't your great plan."