CHAPTER-10

I stared with curiosity at Reuben sitting across me. His lips curled up into that light warm smile as he stirred the spoon in cup.

"So...are you gonna tell me that what's going on?" He stretched the saucer holding a cup of tea to me. I sighed as he ignored the question. "So not." I mumbled.

"I never said that." He told placidly, still holding the saucer towards me. " I'll answer your all questions."

I took the saucer from him. "Then answer me that why that demon is haunting my life?"

"Because he's evil and wants to make you one of his possession." His lips pressed in a grim line as he mentioned him.

I gasp. "Why me?! I'm not anyone special."

He opened his mouth to reply but then closed, as if struggling what to say.

Uh! So even he thinks that too!

He sighed as he gazed at me with those brown mesmerizing eyes, captivating me in their depths. "You are special, very special Aurora." He whispered in silvery voice, enrapturing me in his words.

"How?" I whispered still captivated in his enchanting aura.

"Did your parents ever told you about yourself?" His words perplexed me, pulling me back from my swooning state.

I rose a brow. "What do you mean?"

He sighed. "I guess not." A look full of empathy veiled over his face as he spoke his next word that shook me to the core. "The people that you think as your parents aren't your real parents.

His words still ringing in my ear.

"The people that you think as your parents aren't your real parents."

As his words finally dawned on me the saucer from my hands slipped, smashed on the floor and tea splattered on the white carpet.

So that was the reason dad was so distant and cold to me because I wasn't his own like his son so he never loved me.

My voice was choked by the lump formed in my throat. "How do you know?"

"I know this because I know about your real mother." My eyes shot to his face.

"W-h who and ho-w how a-ll this is connected t-to m-my rea-real mother?" My voice cracked.

He had a deep intake of breath. "It's a long story."

"Tell me." Desperation seeped in my words.

"Twenty one years ago a happy couple had a very beautiful daughter," his eyes turned softer as he gazed at me, "but after a month, the mother died and the father of that beautiful girl turned insane," he uttered a heavy sigh. "He was a wizard and he started practicing the black magic. He opened the gate of the forbidden dimension and summoned the most powerful demon and asked him to get her wife back to life," His expression turned bitter and his voice turned low. "But that demon being a demon asked for a heavy price to which that man agreed and as promise he readied to give her five months old daughter to that merciless creature. The moment he handed her daughter to her, that demon turned on his word and killed the man," his palm clenched in a fist. "But suddenly that child transformed into a sphere of white light and disappeared making the demon boil in rage."

My eyes focused on him, listening to his each word intently. "But how is this all connected to me?"

He smiled. "That beautiful baby girl I mentioned is you."