.:65:. ~BONUS CHAPTER~

Thank you everyone! It's been five years since I started this story and seeing as in the four years since its been published I thought I'd grace those upset of how I ended with a little bonus. If you enjoyed the mystery and ending the story your own way then DO NOT READ FURTHER!!!

"The Sun's setting," Bret's beta pointed out. "Alpha Cartoro isn't coming." Hand brushing along the stubble on his jaw, Bret could feel the pull.

"They're here." His newest fell silent, shuffling. They had heard the rumours of the Alpha in the area. Unknowingly born to one of the first families. But Bret knew that this Cartoro line was pure. He had seen it himself before.

A large hulking wolf came forward, larger than that of any of his wolves. Orange light hitting the hairs on its body and face. Gasps filled the air. Bret nodded his head and Drew stepped to the side as two wolves appeared side to side. Larger than even that of Bret's old friend, the mates dented the earth under their soft paws. Some of Bret's people must have moved as Drew left off a warning growl. Bret could feel the pull even more now. He understood it all so much easier now that the connection had been drawn to the first families. 

Alpha Cartoro stepped forward, jet black with blood red paws. Their body began shifting back but no one looked away as she rose, fully clothed in a flowing black dress. With a roll of her head she shuddered.

"Angel." The word left his mouth like a caress. She smiled over to him and surrounded him in a hug. Her mate slowly began shifting, he too able to remain fully clothed.

"Bret." Hunter said nodding his head. Neither of them were still comfortable with both being mates, but the first families were blessed - or cursed - with the ability to have two or three mates to ensure their line could continue, and Angel was the granddaughter of the last Alpha Cartoro. She was no exception... But her mother was. "How's your fiancee?" Bret beamed.

"She's pregnant. With twins." Angel snorted.

"Better than with triplets, trust me." As soon as the words left her mouth three small balls of fur rushed towards Bret. The ground was soft under his back as he fell. Small wolves, each with their own unique patches of fur, that when their faces lined up in the way they always did, formed a triangle.

"Hey, Uncle Bret." A female voice said as she stepped out of the forest with her younger brother. Another girl stood with them. Des and Drew's daughter.

"Rose. Tyler. Elizabeth." They all laughed as one of the triplets licked his ear as another chewed on a finger.

"Don't look at me, they take after my brother." A young male version of Angel stepped forward, snorting. At least he remained mainly untouched by their mother, especially after he found her, and his father found out about everything and left their mother. 

"I haven't seen you since Trent's funeral." Bret pointed out, as he got up, causing the triplets to run off. Especially as he tripped and fell. Distracting him from the pained look on Angel's face. Hunter pulled her closer to him, while Drew remained in his wolf form.

"She's been busy." Hunter muttered as his hand ran up and down her arm.

"There's been rogues... Threatening." She growled out. Her black hair falling straight down her back.

"Well my pack are willing to help any time we can. As long as the agreement still stands?" Bret dusted off his wrists, silently cursing those three trouble makers.

"Of course. There has been no reason to stray." Bret's beta grumbled out an insult under his breath. Which all ignored. Her brown gaze moved past him as pink tones graced her face. "Are these new recruits?" All movement behind Bret ceased. "You are all welcome on our lands anytime." With a gentle smile, they all relaxed.

"Figured they could put the rumours to rest themselves, instead of taking my words as blind faith." Angel turned to her left and her third in command bowed before grabbing an exceptionally large esky, his burned skin flashing an old rogue brand in the dying light. He placed it gently in front of Bret. "Thank you."

"Any time." She smiled as she began turning around. "See you soon Bret!" She called laughing as she changed seamlessly, her family and pack following. Playful howls filled the air as the smell of baked goods curled into Bret's nose. Perfect for his pack's celebration tonight.

"Goodbye. Angel." The pull became more and more faint, until he could no longer feel it anymore. But it was still there.