.:9:. ~Trent's POV~

We were standing in line and she got cookies and cream ice cream with mini M&M's in it. I walked up behind her at the cash register as my ice cream was done and caught up on a conversation.

"Black as my soul." A guy said to a girl and I realised they were both in front of Angel. She snorted as soon as he said it and he turned to her. "Who are you?!"

"I'm me and that line is so stupid." She muttered shaking her head as she took her ice cream. He looked her up and down and I think that was when he realised what she was saying.

"Why because your soul really is black?" She pulled a face of mock hurt.

"Ow that hurt so much. I was actually expecting you to say something like I have no soul." She rolled her eyes and paid the guy at the cash register who was trying not to laugh. I don't think what she realised was that the guy wasn't exactly human. He grabbed at her arm and she glared at him. "Let go of me now." She practicaly growled out and I stepped up next to her growling lowly. The guy recognised what I was and let go of her reluctantly. "Asshole." She spat and walked off. I took my drink and followed after her. She sat down on some of the concrete stairs and looked up at me smiling. "He looked scared of you." She said as I sat down next to her.

"He shouldn't have grabbed you like that." I spoke in a dull tone turning back to the shop but she lightly grabbed my arm and started pulling me down. I sat down close next to her and she offered me some of her ice cream. I took some off her spoon and smiled at her.

"This is nice." She murmured and I knew she was talking about the ice cream. I offered her some of my drink but she scrunched up her nose and shook her head. "No thanks." A cold breeze started blowing and she shivered. I moved closer to her knowing that heat was probably just radiating off me in thick waves continuosly.

"The wind seems to have picked up." I muttered and she looked me up and down.

"Aren't you cold?" She asked curiously but I just shrugged.

"I can stand the cold better than others."

I should tell her what I am...

I thought quietly and she put an earphone into her ear but in the one away from me so I knew she could still hear me if I wanted to talk.

What if she rejects me?

I frowned at that. She might just too.

I wonder how it feels to have your mate reject you... Does it hurt?

I had heard about one of the guys in my pack losing his mate before he killed himself from the pain of losing her. She ended up killing herself as well but in a different way.

Hell no am I telling her until I am definitely sure I'm not going to lose her.

We had been quiet for a few minutes and I glared at the guy with the human girl again. He took a few moments to look at me before looking at Angel who stiffened. I glanced at her and she was looking incredibly pissed. I bit my lip watching her making sure she wasn't going to get up and go off at him. She looked at me and shrugged smiling slightly. I could hear her music playing and it was screamo and I realised she had turned it down more compared to normal. I could hear it anyway but I never actually listened in on it before. There seemed to be a bit of swearing and I looked down at her melted ice cream that was a dark colour.

"I'm a bit full." It hit me as I remembered that she hadn't even had breakfast or anything before I brought her out here and she had barely even eaten.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I normally don't eat breakfast or lunch..." She trailed off and I was worried. That wasn't exactly healthy at all. "I mean with a family like mine who wants to go downstairs." She muttered and I watched as she was basically force feeding herself.

"Hey. If you're full you don't have to have it all." She smiled at me meekly and I took her ice cream thing and got up. I walked over and put it in the bin before turning around and seeing her on the phone frowning slightly. I went and sat down next to her but not too close so that she knew I was spying.

"Yeah, yeah. I will Bret. I still have time to get over to Des'."

"Okay but she seriously is showing me pictures of when you two were little... Nice hair by the way." He chuckled on the other side of the line.

"I liked my hair back then even if it was a bit boyish." She muttered.

"I'll see you later."

"Yeah. Bye." She hung up and looked up at me. "Would you be willing drive me to Des'?" I got a text message off my father whom was the Alpha in our pack and groaned internally. "It's okay if you can't." She mumbled quietly and I looked up at her.

"I can but I might have to take you straight away because I have something to do. Sorry."

"Don't say sorry you can have a life." I smiled and chuckled at the way she rolled her eyes. She wasn't making fun of me but lightening the mood a little. Bret was going to pay though if he spent more time with her that wasn't needed.

**All Rights Reserved**