.:22:. ~Angel's POV~

I woke up slowly and frowned when I couldn't feel the warmth that usually radiated off Bret. I opened my eyes and looked around. There was a present at the foot of the bed and I reached down and took it. The wrapping paper had my name on it and Bret walked in drying his hair.

"You're awake." He smiled at me.

"What's this?" I held up the present and he shrugged.

"Just something. I was going to give it to you today after school because I had this thing planned for us to do so I could ask you out but you felt sick."

"So is this your way of asking me out?"

"If you say yes then yes." I waved him over and patted the bed next to me. As soon as he sat down I unwrapped it carefully. "Oh god you're killing me." He groaned and I continued the way I was going until I came to a box. I raised my eyebrow and opened it. "It's not much. It took me a while because I had to get it engraved but yeah." I looked down at what looked like a dog tag and it had one word on it. Hell. I turned it over and there was a little note saying that it was from Bret. I looked up at him and he was staring down at me. I kissed him on the lips lightly as the lightning shot through me. It was amazing like always and I pulled away slowly. I took the dog tag thing and put it around my neck. "Is that a yes?" I kissed him again and lingered a little bit longer.

"What do you think?" I giggled and he kissed me. I let go of the box and wrapped my arms around his neck. He made a little noise and I felt a little numb from the sparks. There was a knock on the door but I didn't jump away. I did pull away though.

"Yes?" Bret's voice was hoarse and I smiled slightly taking my arms away from around him. He cleared his throat.

"Bret. I need to talk to you." The male voice on the other side of the door was commanding and I flinched thinking of my father.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Go talk to him."

"Coming." Bret called back. He kissed my forehead and I shut my eyes. I felt the bed move as I opened my eyes. Bret opened the door and slipped through it. My fingers found their way to the dog tag as I smiled. Bret had known that I wouldn't have wanted some girly thing but something good. I loved it to tell you the truth. Absolutely loved it with all my heart. No matter how much I didn't want someone to affect me as much as he and Des did. Des was like a sister and I had no idea how to explain Bret. I could hear yelling and my head snapped up. "Do you think I care?! I hate Charlotte! You can't force me into anything!"

"Bret Pierce you will do what I tell you to!"

"No. But I can tell you where to shove it!" I quickly got up off the bed and hurried over to Bret's door and opened it. There was a man that looked like Bret looming over him and I watched in horror as the man pulled his arm back.

"Stop!" I yelled not wanting Bret to get hurt and his father looked at me. "Leave him alone." The man's eyebrows rose. "If you hit him you'll be a monster!" Bret stepped in front of me.

"Go back inside Angel." His eyes didn't leave his father's.

"I can't watch you get hurt. It's bad enough my father is abusive. Yours shouldn't be." I whispered quietly and the man's face changed.

"Angel it's okay." Bret turned to me and his face was soft. He took my head in his hands. I sniffed and Bret kissed my forehead. "You're still sick. Try to get some sleep." My gaze snapped to his father and then back to him. I nodded quickly and Bret let go of me before I turned around and went back into his room closing the door behind me. I actually felt a little bit better but he was right. I was still sick. I laid down as Bret came back in looking at me with his face soft.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He laid down next to me.

"He didn't touch me thanks to you." I swallowed hard. I didn't like the thought of him getting hurt.

"I heard yelling and I didn't want you to get hurt." I mumbled and he wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer to him and putting my head on his chest.

"What's more important is you not getting hurt." My eyes started closing as he stroked my hair.

"Thank you Bret." I whispered and I could feel him smile. "Yeah, yeah shut up."

**All Rights Reserved**